Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 TS.

Anyone know how to clean the controller..?
Engine revs are hunting at idle, the settle down after 30 seconds or so.

Ta..! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry to jump on this.... But this is what I need to do to mine but could you point me in the right direction as to where it is and what it looks like.... Cheers...

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where the flexi hose joins to the top of the engine. Its just above there. Square thing, with a round bit at the front. 4 ribe screws holding it down.

Does anyone know how to clean it though..:confused:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I haven't tried to clean the one on the GTV/Spider. But I reckon an aerosol can of brake cleaner and a toothbrush would be a good start (that's what I've used on other versions). Depends how the valve works... maybe I will attack mine tomorrow (in a few hours' time) since my yellow Spider sometimes starts and stumbles rather than idling, I have to tickle the pedal to get it running smoothly.

-Alex

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I'm working on cleaning up another engine bay and recently cleaned the throttle body and components.
I'm not sure what it does (something to do with the air) but you have only 2 star bolts that hold it on, I cleaned it with a cotton bud and some warm water.

Still works fine :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Cleaned the equivalent on my lad's girlfriends Ka (she found the link and bought the carb cleaner one lunchtime). Remove - easy on a car squirt and scrub with non-synthetic brush (in case it disolved and filled the idle valve with disolved plastic). Loads of black stuff came out and it was thn all shiny inside, had to clean and risne a few time sto get it all out.

Then it worked a treat :) Iguess Alfa - is similar same old fuel and air running around it.

Steve

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the car out today. It was hunting, then it stopped, all on its own WTF..?

Is this just another quirk, or should I be investigating further..??:confused:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't whack anything, it just seemed to fix itself..! Maybe there was some dirt in there somewhere, and it cleared itself. Bit of a mystery really..:confused:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was out most of the day, and its still behaving. :cool:

I hope that's the end of it, but it is an Alfa, after all. Wonder what the next little quirk will be...:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts