Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to clen the dashboard on a 147 gta! i have a few white marks which are engrained in due to the surface texture of the dash and didnt want to use a cleaning product as most result in a shiny finish which is the total opposit of the gta dash!!

any ideas guys?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This may sound a touch over the top but how about warm water with a little washing up liquid and applied carefully with a soft nail brush...don't spill any down the dash of course! This way you can remove the offending marks from the grain without leaving a shiny finish that may cleaners do.

·
Premium Member
7,100 Posts
whats the best way to clen the dashboard on a 147 gta! i have a few white marks which are engrained in due to the surface texture of the dash and didnt want to use a cleaning product as most result in a shiny finish which is the total opposit of the gta dash!!

any ideas guys?

Best way is to just use a wet microfibre cloth, nothing else...:thumbs:

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a small but irritating white mark on the top of my dash when I picked her up - some matt tyre blackener sprayed onto a cloth brought her up perfect again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To get the ingrained dirt out, I would use some TFR (high concentrate car wash) with a nail brush, and then dress the plastics afterwards.

I use Poorboys Natural look dressing on interior plastics.. it gives a nice matt finish, i HATE the look of a shiny dashboars.. esp if a bit of sun is about, it blinds the driver with the reflection!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I just use dashboard wipes from Tesco, do all the interior with them, quick to dry and anti static and cheap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just use dashboard wipes from Tesco, do all the interior with them, quick to dry and anti static and cheap.
Yeah same here, but if you have to really scrub they seem to leave a few fibres behind. But then you can always go over it with a damp MF cloth or a hoover...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts