Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening chaps/chapettes,

Its pretty well known that a cleaned and re-greased EGR valve can resolve issues with no power at low revs and excessive smoking.. So, I thought I'd give it a go as ever since I've had the 156 you can stamp on the throttle, and it'll pull slowly, then hit 2000RPM and all hell breaks loose; boost comes on hard and all the power and torque comes in. But nothing below 2000RPM.

Anyways, I got the valve assembly off (magnetic pickup tool essential as i dropped the gaskets twice!) and separated the valve from the solenoid. The valve half of the assembly was as you'd expect, coked up and full of soot (the car has done 135'000). Everything was still moving freely however so I just cleaned it all up and then moved onto the solenoid - Had that apart and this was/is absolutely spotless and moves freely. In fact, it looks brand new.

Still no improvement in sub 2000RPM performance though... Anything else I can be looking for? Boost pipes are all in good nick, and no faults recorded on the ECU.

Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've just figured out what's caused my loss of power below 2k revs, turns out it was the MAF sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts