Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at using either Cataclean or Forte Gas Treatment to clean the sensors and valves. Which one would have best results ? Also how difficult is it to remove O2 sensor to clean manually ?

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
Which one .. on a JTS you will have at least three possibly four! Two will be in the downpipes pre cat, and one post cat. You may have another pre main cat too.

You can get a proper Lambda socket so it allows for the cable but you run the risk of twisting it unless you remove the plug end too.

Not even sure I'd bother. If you are having Lambda issues, they are likely to be internal and electronics, so it's a replacement sensor. I did give our Pug 206 lambda's a quick clean with a brass wire brush (softer than steel) when I replaced the exhaust .. but I don't know it made any difference ...

(The new exhaust did .. apart from being quieter (!) we don't get the engine management light coming on now for emission issues ... Even thoughg it reported lambda problems it didn't tell use which one to replace as there are two on that car.)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think there are 4 in total, 2 pre cat and 2 post. All of which sit behind the heat shield so looks very awkward to get to. I keep getting P2243 error code so was hoping to try to clean sensor as I do a few short journeys (thinking build up of carbon being the issue). I've read some good reviews about cataclean so thinking about trying that before buying a new sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts