Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've had a clay mitt for a while and it's starting to fall apart after about 4 uses. Have any of you used them before or how many times do you use them before replacing?

I'm not sure if 4 uses Is about right - but would never go back to a normal clay bar with how much time a clay mitt shaves off!

·
Registered
988 Posts
A clay mitt should last a lot longer than 4 uses, something has gone wrong. I have used a cheap mitt over 15 times on my car and it is still in good condition

·
Registered
202 Posts
A clay mitt should last a lot longer than 4 uses, something has gone wrong. I have used a cheap mitt over 15 times on my car and it is still in good condition

+1.

Mine's Meguiars.

OP, you do not say if branded. But a good quality mitt, used and maintained per manufacturer's instructions should last a very long time - on the basis that I'd not clay a car's surface more than twice a year.

A couple of questions. Forgive me if they are obvious but on the principle that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask:

1. Do you use plenty of lubrication when claying? Something more than water, like a detailer or dedicated clay lube? Do you refresh both the panel and the mitt frequently?

2. Do you rinse the dirt accumulated on mitt off with plain water regularly during, and then immediately after, use and then air dry it? It might not be grateful for being put in a washing machine if that is what you are doing.

HTH

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts