Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a marathon six hours cleaning the bodywork of the car today! I always keep her clean but I got hold of a clay bar from a valeter mate and the results are amazing! I cleaned the bodywork, then soaked it in TFR, left that a while then rinsed then spent a good few hours with the clay bar, finished with a good coat of gard x. Not only is it looking mint but many of the small swirl marks in the paint have been removed through the clay bar process. I don't want to drive it now incase it gets dirty!:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I forgot something!! I'll try and get some up over the next week.:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not only is it looking mint but many of the small swirl marks in the paint have been removed through the clay bar process. I don't want to drive it now incase it gets dirty!:lol:
Not to be wise, but a clay bar can't remove swirls. A clay bar removes surface contaminations that don't come off with washing.

Just google car detailling and a whole new world opens before you're eyes.....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alfa 147 pc pics 001.jpg

alfa 147 pc pics 002.jpg

alfa 147 pc pics 003.jpg

alfa 147 pc pics 004.jpg
Not to be wise, but a clay bar can't remove swirls. A clay bar removes surface contaminations that don't come off with washing.

Just google car detailling and a whole new world opens before you're eyes.....
I was thinking the same thing, I think that some of the swirl marks may have been in the layer of gard x that was on the car, if that makes sense! Anyway hopefully attached you will find some pics.:) Sorry about the positioning of the car, I need to try harder next time!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, in any case, car looks shiny as a dogs poo in the moonlight! Good job!
Thanks mate, I took these just now and its very overcast, the ones I took yesterday in the sun were too high a resolution and wouldn't upload:mad: ! The first pic is the best out of these four.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
looking good. Great work!

IMO I think it looks best without the 3.2 badges on though. I think its better for people to find out the hard way whats under the bonnet :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

IMO I think it looks best without the 3.2 badges on though. I think its better for people to find out the hard way whats under the bonnet :)
To be honest most oiks in keved up Saxos and the like don't seem to know what the car is capible of anyway, they always fancey having a go! Sometimes I just let them get on with it, other times I just show 'em what it's like to have the equivalent of two of their engines under one bonnet!:lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
To be honest most oiks in keved up Saxos and the like don't seem to know what the car is capible of anyway, they always fancey having a go! Sometimes I just let them get on with it, other times I just show 'em what it's like to have the equivalent of two of their engines under one bonnet!:lol:
i still say you should loose them. give the barry boys a good scare!:lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Completely agree : lovely paintwork.

Just lose the 3.2 badge it makes the rear look cluttered when a GTA is all about being relatively understated. Most people don't need an IQ of more than 100 to take a guess when I go motoring past them :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks beautiful Sparky. Your car is pretty much exactly the same as mine :thumbs:

(Lose the 3.2 badge though ;) )
The general concensus seems to be to let the badge go, its been on the boot since I got the car, although I was never sure if it was original, it looks out of place.....think it might be coming off at the weekend!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:cool: Stunning!
I need to give mine a good going over - if it ever stops raining!
I'm not a fan of the 3.2 badge either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts