Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was wondering if the classified section of the forum is an 'active' area and somewhere that's a viable source of cars (GT's) when looking to purchase? Whilst not a long time user, I honestly can't remember the last time a GT came up for sale (especially a V6) so I was wondering if owners look elsewhere when advertising?

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Very little used, really. Not particularly sure why, but maybe the philosophy is that most people on AO will already be Alfa owners, so you are restricting your marketplace somewhat?

There are never huge numbers of V6 GTs for sale, anyway, but you are probably better off with the usual suspects of Pistonheads, Ebay, Auto Trader etc.

IMHO.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
My GT V6 was in the classifieds when I bought it but I only thought to look in there when another forum member pointed that out. Not the best system IMO.

Reactions: sye

·
Registered
9,338 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very little used, really. Not particularly sure why, but maybe the philosophy is that most people on AO will already be Alfa owners, so you are restricting your marketplace somewhat?

There are never huge numbers of V6 GTs for sale, anyway, but you are probably better off with the usual suspects of Pistonheads, Ebay, Auto Trader etc.

IMHO.
Yes, that may well be the case. I guess from a buyers perspective there is an attraction to buying a 'forum' car as generally speaking owners are more likely to be enthusiasts (and enthusiastic about their cars' running right! ). From a sellers point of view it might not be an obvious starting place though ..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One here ...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/973730-officially-shopping.html#post14685994

When the new site management took over they stopped using a few of the sections, and classifieds was one .. no idea why .. trying to find cars for sale in the technical areas is difficult

(and while I'm on a moan, the mobile version of this site is awful to use as you can't get rid of the annoying adverts which keep refreshing the screen!)
Thanks Gazza82
Thanks for your link. That was originally a contender, but unfortunately it's not going to be the car for me.
I agree with what you have said about the sections on the forum

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Hi

I was wondering if the classified section of the forum is an 'active' area and somewhere that's a viable source of cars (GT's) when looking to purchase? Whilst not a long time user, I honestly can't remember the last time a GT came up for sale (especially a V6) so I was wondering if owners look elsewhere when advertising?

IMHO.
When the new site management took over they stopped using a few of the sections, and classifieds was one .. no idea why .. trying to find cars for sale in the technical areas is difficult
All sections of the classifieds section have been fully working for years and still are, the reason the section is not used much nowadays is that a few years back the rules for posting "for sale" threads in the forums were changed from not being allowed to being allowed, since then usage of the classifieds section has drastically dropped.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
There was a black 3.2 GT posted for sale on Alfabook page on Facebook today, I think......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts