Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of selling...

Late '97 build Phase 1.5 CF1 2.0 TS Spider.
Rosso Proteo, white/cream Phase 2 full interior (with door card inserts and leather door pockets), refurbished centre console in gloss black, with custom heater knobs made by myself, rare dark wood original Alfa option gear knob. Pioneer DAB mech-less head unit, Alpine front speakers. Manual roof, no leaks but aged. HID 3500k bright headlights (nice white, natural looking slightly warm colour headlights, no blue tint) but would probably have to be put back to standard bulbs now unless you've got a lenient MOT tester...
Plenty done over the past few years with new standard springs and shocks up front and new shocks on rear. New wishbones up front, poly bushed rear dog legs, new front ARB bushes, Ultra-Racing front strut brace. Phase 2 alloys. Cybox cat back stainless exhaust, alfisti.net sports cat. Cam-belt/tensioners/variator/water pump etc done June 2018. Front MTEC C-hook discs and Ferodo DS Performance pads. Approx 90k miles.

The big letdown is bodywork. When I bought it (late 2016) it had a big dent in each door, like it had been driven between two walls. I tidied them up as best I could with my very limited bodywork skills (read: none!) so as to be presentable. Bonnet has plenty of stonechips and some paint missing around the headlight holes. Rear clamshell is starting to have lacquer peel. Few rust bubbles on rear quarter, underside relatively decent, but sills could probably do with attention before long.

I think these are the main and important bits. I've put a decent amount of money and effort into her up to now, and it was my daily drive for nearly 3 years. I bought my Mito in November to take the pressure of the Spider, and so its been sat since then. Regularly started and run around the block to keep it going. Its a great Twinspark, loves to rev, I think its a peach of an engine Recently cleaned up the idle control valve to cure a bouncy idle. I don't want to let it go, but truth is I can't justify running two cars myself (plus another Mito which is my partner's), and its a shame to see it just sitting there, especially with the summer (hopefully) on its way.
I don't want to eBay it, as if I am to let it go I'd really like it to go to an Alfisti, preferably someone with with time and effort to put into it to finish bringing it back to its best. I'm not sure on price. I was thinking circa £1500, but comparing to eBay cars I'm really not sure. I know I won't get back what I've put into it (3rd 916 means I know that!), but would like a fair price, but as I say I really need it to go to a good home. I let my last GTV go to whom I thought was an enthusiast, but turns out wasn't, which I regret to this day.
If anybody may be interested, or has any thoughts or advice then please do say.
Thanks once again forum friends!
James.
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
OI000141.jpg
DSC_1179.jpg
DSC_1061.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I think you’ll only get two responses on here; don’t sell followed by a reminder of the time and money you have spent on it or advice to sell followed up with a cheeky offer.

I’m definitely in the first camp... you’ll never recoup the time and money you have invested in it and in the current climate will probably be lucky to get even a fraction of the price you mentioned. Keep it if you can, even if it is SORN, enjoy it when you can.

And of course we’ll miss your input on this forum if you don’t have a 916.

Reactions: Hobson284

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I will, but I think my time with 916s is at an end for now. I've had a great time with them over the past 10 years or so, but I need to focus my money into other things for now. And with my Mito Sportiva I'm still in the clan!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just think its a slice of reality to sell it. Yes I could let it sit there, but that doesn't seem right, and it really should be being driven.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
😍Dont sell it!!..... I will make you a cheeky offer lol! Not that I got anymore space on my drive!

Seriously though you will regret it as it's a lovely looking spider and well looked after. when I sold my rosso spider I regretted it nearly straight away especially when the sun is out!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ps, that's nice to read about my input Nelly, I only consider myself a bit-part player on the forum compared to some, so thanks for that

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing to replace it with as such, probably just put a bit more into my Mito. Like to remap it and just play with it a bit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I too have been considering selling but seeing a lot cars being advertised at the moment, so having second thoughts. Although I've not ruled out just trying a for sale sign on a sunny day.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a sad thing to come to terms with, but I've put her up in the classifieds. I'll be very sorry to see her go, but somebody should be enjoying it, rather it sit in the sunshine on my drive.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,249 Posts
Put on eBay for £18,000 and it will sell with all the service and added bits you have fitted.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats closer to the mark. I'm talking to an interested party already, so we'll see how that goes first

1 - 14 of 14 Posts