Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone knew of a source of good repro - classic style roof racks. You know the ones - chrome with wood slats, you see them on VW Beetles etc. Anyone knew of an outlet for one that might fit a Giulia Super?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian,

The GTA didn't really work out. Lovely car for long trips, but bumping around Cornwall's narrow lanes didn't really suit it. Shame, as they are awesome cars. The Super is a pretty new addition, late model, and has been great fun. (In white, my favourite Alfa colour). Just need a roof rack for those occasions when I'd like to take the boards on a trip.
Hope the GTV has been fun this summer and the events have gone well. Hopefully see you at one of the Alfa Days.

All the best

Chris

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I might have advised against narrow bumpy lanes and a GTA...;)
They are best sampled on fast A roads, good abroad as well, it's true what they say about British roads not working well with some cars, the GTA was fantastic in the Alps, less good in the Dales.

I wish I could say the events have gone well, but I nearly wrote it off on an earth bank, luckily the insurance company were very generous and she was rebuilt and is back in action again.:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loved it on the long trips, but it was no good for anything under twenty minutes - like nipping down the shops. Glad to hear the car is back on the road.

Found the roofrack I needed on ebay...

all the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts