Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

I am having a lot of troubles in insuring the Alfa 1750 GTV (2nd series) that I just purchased from a very nice dealer in Scotland.

Because (a) I have been resident in the UK for a little more than a year and (b) the car will (at least initially) be parked on a public road in west London, the insurers refuse to provide coverage.

Any suggestions? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Massi

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Is this your only car? Classic insurers like you to have at least one other car. And I think you are right, they won't like the car being on public road.

To be honest it probably isn't great for the car to be outside in English Winters so if the insurers are also pushing you towards garaging or storing it then it's probably not a bad idea to find a local lockup garage to rent and put it there.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Dear friends,

I am having a lot of troubles in insuring the Alfa 1750 GTV (2nd series) that I just purchased from a very nice dealer in Scotland.

Because (a) I have been resident in the UK for a little more than a year and (b) the car will (at least initially) be parked on a public road in west London, the insurers refuse to provide coverage.

Any suggestions? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Massi
Try carolenash.com I've insured Alfettas with them for years,they don't seem to mind public road, but a driveway may help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts