Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how old does a car have to be to be able to insure it under a classic car policy ?

is it 15 20 or 25 years

or does it depend upon the insurance company

·
Registered
967 Posts
It depends on the car and the insurance company. Usually the car must not be your daily driver and there will be quite a tight restriction on mileage and you will not accrue any no claims bonus.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
mine says 15 years, gives protected No claims, premium mileage dependant. But they will not let you build up the bonus. So if you have full bonus you keep it, but the years on a classic policy don't add to the bonus. You also cannot drive another car with 3rd party cover. I notice you are in Italy so don't know how classic insurance works there. But if you have an Italian address and want to insure it here some of the Lloyds syndicates are very good. Good luck:thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice
:thumbs:

btw im not in italy. i'm sadly in telford wm, i only changed my location for a laugh a while ago (dont ask)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
For a garaged, third car with a 3000 mile limit it costs around £110 for either of my old 'uns. Usually over 15 years although some say 20.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
As said, depends on the insurer. I've used A-Plan in the past for quite a few awkward insurances, and they've always come up with a good few options (eg modified camper van with limited mileage, parked on the road, they managed to half any other quotes!)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had classic policies for cars as young as ten years. There is nothing special about them, they are just a name - a way of matching low risk to a cheap premium if you have other cars that you are more likely to use regularly.

·
Registered
870 Posts
try Lancaster insurance ,

the alfetta gtv costs us 160 a year, agreed value, limited to 3000 miles a year, main driver can also drive 3rd party, 1 named driver, luton post code !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts