Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Im a photographer and have been commissioned to shoot an abandoned race track near Lyon for the UK'S oldest motorsport magazine.

The shoot is on Tuesday and Wednesday and the last car that won at the track before it was closed many years ago was ... .. .. .. an ALFA!

If any member is near Lyon on these days and has a classic Alfa - and is up for a few hours shooting please let me know at:

[email protected]

ta very much :thumbs:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Are you talking Lyon-Parilly? I thought the last alfa win there was in 1924, with an Alfa P2, driven by Campari who overtook the great Ascari? If this is the case surely you have to photograph a period Alfa from the 1920's, not just some 60's classic alfa....that will be a hard one to find!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Not sure what track it is but last car to win was an Alfa according to journalist and I believe him as he has been writing about motorsport for over 40 years and the magazine has been devoted to motorsport since 1924.

Thanks for the link will post there - and indeed - a period Alfa would be magic.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Wish you the best of luck. I think it must be Parilly, the last race won there was the Alfa P2 in '24...then it closed (rather like Brooklands) and Magny Cours and Reims took over the F1 scene in France...I guess it is Motor Sport you will be shooting for? Wonderful! Look forward to seeing the article-let us know how you get on.
The last Alfa Romeo to win a Grand Prix was on July 1st 1951 at Reims, with Luigi Fagioli in an Alfa 159A. A year earlier the great Fangio took the title in the legendary Alfa 158.

Wouldn't it be great if Alfa entered F1 again? People often forget the history behind Alfa Romeo..it dates back (in those days simply as A.L.F.A) to 1906! And when Signor Romeo joined in 1920 the company became that we know and love today, Alfa Romeo...their first GP win came in the same year with none other than Signor Enzo Ferrari behind the wheel!...he, we all know, went on to found Scuderia ferrari some 8 years later, on 1928!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Weren't they great? The fastest hoover in the world! The competition (jealous bastar*s) had them banned, cause they spewed up all the rubbish on the track and spat it out behind!.....well. I say, if you are behind, that's where you belong! I even stuck a Parmalat sticker on my old 62 Giulia Sprint (rather like nowadays we stick the cloverleaf on) until an italian friend told me it was a milk product....not so cool...I went back to the cloverleaf!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts