Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In his words

What I’m saying here, in this straight, no-cocking-about road test, is that Alfa Romeo has made a car dynamically better than the BMW. And it has. It really has. This is Iceland beating England. And I couldn’t be more pleased.

He goes on to say

the M3 has wonky steering and feels heavy compared with the Alfa

God, this car is quick. Laugh-out-loud quick.

And it’s an absolute joy to drive. The steering is fast — there are only two turns lock to lock, which means you need almost no input at all to go round a roundabout. And on a sweeping A-road you can steer, really, by thought.

However he says the driver’s door is either too small or in the wrong place as he couldn't get in or out very easily without pushing the steering wheel right forwards.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That won't help ;)

Probably also makes a difference which seats were installed....
It was fitted with the optional carbon front seats, which were enormous. That said, they were very comfortable.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This reminds me so much of my new G Veloce 240bhp, same colour and wheels, same dark trims......... the alfa red when polished is really slick and glossy looking (waits for someone to say this ain't alfa red lol)

·
Registered
36,851 Posts
The Giulia is not as well resolved though!
Took a fraction of the time of Giulietta in the studio.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The Giulia is not as well resolved though!
Took a fraction of the time of Giulietta in the studio.
Giulietta still look like it should have had the 159/Brera front end, though. It would have more tidily matched up with the more horizontal aspects of the rear.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
He does get a bit hyperbolic about the interior: "plastics are a bit airline cutlery and the sat-nav screen is about the size of a stamp. Also, the knobs and buttons are a bit cheap."

I've sat inside a Giulia and fiddled with the buttons and slidey and movey-aboutey bits and the only thing that seemed a bit "cheap" to me was the cover over the cupholder in the front - the sliding action is a bit fiddly on that bit.
And the sat-nav screen isn't the size of a postage stamp - more like the size of a postcard. Not as big as on some competitors, but who needs a massive screen? The people who buy "phablets", maybe?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually at 8.8'' it's the biggest screen size in this segment - Audi 8.3'', BMW 8.8''. I don't recall Mercedes' exact size (C class), but it should be no bigger.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
He "had" to write the "usual" stuff about clunky interior in an Alfa. I'm kind of surprised with no mention of "choose with heart, not your head" :).

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Interesting on the screen size. That said - I was not in a Quadrifoglio, so maybe the top of the line model has a larger screen. Or maybe the screen only seems smaller because it's more deeply recessed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts