Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the site and I posted this a day or so ago but I think I put it in the wrong forum - apologies!

I have a 2005 model 147 and intend replacing the standard radio/CD with a Clarion CZ509. Has anyone done something similar who could give me any tips/tricks to make the job easier? This model has Bluetooth & USB - the cables for which are at the back of the unit - so I somehow have to get them to the front. I would appreciate any suggestions as to the easiest path for this. Also, I have noticed comments about swapping the power connectors in the ISO plug (#4 & #7 I believe?). Is this necessary??

I don't have controls on the steering wheel so I guess that eliminates a few problems?

I've looked through the forums but can't find a guide from anyone that tells exactly what I want to know - but please point me there if I've missed something!!

Dave Lister

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
installation should be pretty straight forward. yes, you will need to alter the powerwires:

*clarion main 'constant' powerwire redirected to Alfa #7
*clarion ACCessories/ignition 'switched' powerwire redirected to cigarette lighter powerwire (0V with key OFF, +12V with key ON); you can first check if your car has an ignition wire in position #4 but it's unlikely in a 147
*dashkit/fascia to go around the Clarion to fill the gap in the dash

*USB cable can either be routed to glove box, or down to the cigarette lighter area (would be my preference). you may need to create/enlarge a hole to pass the cable.

let us know if you want further info.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Dumb as I am I didn't even notice or read your excellent guide that was right above where I posted the message until I had sent it!!

You had covered my main concerns there but I had others about routing the cables for the usb & BT microphone and I agree with your suggestion about the route for the usb cable. I'm sure that when I start a route for the mic will present itself. I already have the fascia surround and note the comments about the power cables - thanks!

It's so cold & dreary at the moment that I haven't even thought about starting the installation but I will certainly ask for more help if I need it when the time comes!

Again, thanks very much -

Dave

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
no probs. go for it.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts