Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stupidly took my original head unit and multi-changer out of my car and THEN realised that I had left a friends (yes a friends..) CD's in the multichanger cassette.

It's a clairon CDC634

I cant see a manual eject hole anywhere.... any ideas? I'd prefer not to rip the thing apart, it was working ok, was going to fleabay it. (Sold the head unit to a guy in finland!)

Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
I did the same thing, and was about to ask as well so you're not alone. I hope we don't have to rip it apart.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what it makes me feel better that I'm not alone :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Without the head unit the other end of the cable that the changer plugs into is not there (newer head units dont have one of those old style connectors)

G

·
On some changers you used to be able to eject the magazine
by sliding a credit card between the bottom of the magazine
and the changer magazine hole.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok now I definately need to get it out because my credit card is stuck beneath the magazine :mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Chris, I did exactly this fitting a new head unit a couple of weeks back, in fact I think that the thread is still on here a few pages back...You need to power it up for it to eject but I ended up removing the passenger side centre console carpet panel and swapping the wires over to the old unit in the foot well. Hey presto! A ball ache I know but it saves butchering a good unit.....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris, I did exactly this fitting a new head unit a couple of weeks back, in fact I think that the thread is still on here a few pages back...You need to power it up for it to eject but I ended up removing the passenger side centre console carpet panel and swapping the wires over to the old unit in the foot well. Hey presto! A ball ache I know but it saves butchering a good unit.....
I unfortunately sold the old unit before I realised (Well actually when my mate asked for his CD's back...)

It might butchering time...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts