Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a useless lot these are, well City Link especially.

I was expecting a parcel today, so I made a point of making sure someone was around to take delivery of it.

Just after 10am, just out of interest I logged into my Parcelmonkey account to track my parcel.

It says "Delivery attempt made, no one to sign for parcel, card has been left".

WTF? There were 3 people in the house, the doorbell is fully functioning and no card has been left.

I E-mailed Parcelmonkey who have been pretty good to be honest, and they spoke to City Link.

City Link then sent me a picture of our Front door to "Proove" that they tried to deliver it.

So, they can walk up to someones house, take a photo but not bother to ring the doorbell or even knock the door, and even then not bother putting a card through.

Not impressed. I have a feeling the item wasn't even on the van, and they either dug up an old picture from their last visit, or took the photo to cover their arses when they didn't have the parcel in the first place.

Anyone else had the same problem? I thought it was only the Royal mail that played this trick.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Other end of the delivery, I had City Link sent in through Parcel Monkey to collect a bike frame I'd sold. Apperently when they came to collect at 3PM no one was available. I then pointed out that it was my work address they where collecting from and that there where over 300 people on site...... they came back and got it, don't think the driver was too happy though but serves the lazy b'stard right for not going out his way in the 1st place!!

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Yes ... this has happened to me but with DPD ... ****ing really annoying as I was at home all day, I could I suppose complain and try and get some compensation ... but TBH I CBA they can all GTF ...

Liking the overuse of TLA's

·
Registered
37,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you srue the picture they took of your house, wasnt just lifted from Google street view?
I am sure, the front of the house isn't on Google street view as there isn't a road in front.

I got the parcel in the end, the Driver insisted that he knocked the door loudly...

We know for a fact he didn't, and he didn't know why there wasn't a card.

When he arrived the next day we had put a big note on the front door saying "Door Bell" and an arrow pointing at it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am sure, the front of the house isn't on Google street view as there isn't a road in front.

I got the parcel in the end, the Driver insisted that he knocked the door loudly...

We know for a fact he didn't, and he didn't know why there wasn't a card.

When he arrived the next day we had put a big note on the front door saying "Door Bell" and an arrow pointing at it. :lol:
brilliant!

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
:lol: That's exactly the kind of thing I'd do :lol:

I had a parcel delivered into my kitchen without the driver knocking the door the other week. How he crept in, dropped the parcel off (it was van roof rails, so hardly a small parcel) and left is a mystery to me! Must have been a ghost driver with powers of parcel levitation!

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:cool: No signature.............obviously, you haven't received the goods yet !

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I'm also currently waiting for a G Wizz/UPS pick up, so we'll see how that goes!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts