1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Hmmm I'm not sure it's a real "spin-out".

They've been running it as a sub-brand for a while.

Is this just a marketing thing, maybe?
(On The french & uk citroen websites DS models are still present...)

Makes sense if they want to boost up to the "luxury" price tags
for the next models.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm I'm not sure it's a real "spin-out".

They've been running it as a sub-brand for a while.

Is this just a marketing thing, maybe?
(On The french & uk citroen websites DS models are still present...)

Makes sense if they want to boost up to the "luxury" price tags
for the next models.
Only thing that triggered it for me was that it was blatant on the EVO ad that there was no mention of Citroen anywhere and the DS Automobiles logo had prominence.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
There is now a dedicated DS Automobiles website, but click on "find a dealer" & it links to the Citroen UK website.

They are trying to create a separate identity with a new grille which they call "DS Wings", at present only on the DS5. They call it sophisticated, I'd say nondescript. The Citroen chevrons are unique & instantly recognisable; ironically, in moving away from that they've created a look that says nothing to the casual observer.

The only difference I've seen is that I now get emails from a salesman calling himself the "DS Champion". . . putting the BS into DS!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
First saw the DS branding last year in Asia where, as you say, no mention of Citroen.

The biggest loss I think is the wonderful double Chevron logo, which is a great piece of Graphic design in the later cars and gives an utterly distinctive front end. Citroen C5

Apart from that I sort of wish them luck, focussing on style and comfort versus the German brands fixated on the fastest nurburgring time.

·
Registered
40,535 Posts
The DS logo shares some of the angles and surfaces of the chevrons, but it's pretty abstract.
There was a Quattruote supplement last month showing a range including a bigger SUV planned to go to the states as well as Europe and China. Their black stand at Geneva was very plush compared to their Citroen mainstream white IKEA neighbours!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts