Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Facebook "Hired a Citroen Picasso whilst on holiday this week with the kids! I see why they call it a 'Picasso'; it's cos after a week of driving the surrealist cube, you feel like a weeping woman!
What I'm saying is. It's ****!"
The new Chris Evans?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,321 Posts
On Facebook "Hired a Citroen Picasso whilst on holiday this week with the kids! I see why they call it a 'Picasso'; it's cos after a week of driving the surrealist cube, you feel like a weeping woman!
What I'm saying is. It's ****!"
The new Chris Evans?
I doubt it.

Chris Evans would not have the wit, nouse, intelligence or appreciation for art to draw a link between the car and the artist it's named after to make such a reference.

He would, however, simply have said: 'What I'm saying is. It's ****!"

And that's Chris Evans for you. Empty.

·
Registered
33,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Precisely. I was suggesting Jason Manford as a more deserving candidate for the TopGear job. I never thought I'd find myself being critical of the ginger haired disc jokey but I'm disappointed with his shouting efforts so far.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,321 Posts
it's not just his shouting that lets him down on Top Gear, it's his lack of car knowledge. My gut feel is that he's an uncouth pleb with no appreciation of art (which probably influenced many car designers), or the subtle nuances of any culture. He has no knowledge of engineers (say Busso to him and I'd bet he'd draw a blank), say E32 M3 and he'd think it's a menu reference from his local curry house. This is the man, who, when talking about the opening scenes in The Italian Job, called the red car that hit a bulldozer a Ferrari.

Bellendissimo...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts