Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't worry...it's probably a flight of fancy, a whim...these look so good in the Mediterranean sunshine. So went to look at one today...loath the dash, but quite like the overall set up.

Anyone got one, or have any experiences they want to share?

cheers! :thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't driven one either but my boss has one. A mate has got a C4 VTR - he likes it but he says he misses his 156 :) . Anyway, my 2p is that I like the shape but I always think they look a bit flimsy

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I drove a normal C4 when my 147 was being serviced by the local Alfa dealer...No crappy FIAT GPUNTO this time....... ;) and the Digital Speedo is about as useful as , well it was not even useful at all. It is impossible to really know what speed you are doing with it skipping numbers as the speed rises and falls and the worse thing about it is people can see your speed as you drive along.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We got one as an emergency purchase a few months ago when my partners MGTF went pop!(It was cheap and available).

We got an '06 1.4VTR which she calls "the slug". I think it looks quite cool after the initial shock of the back!The handling is pretty good, but if you want to overtake anything, I think you might be needing at least a 1.6! I personally find the interior quite refreshing and the speedo easy to use - cruise control a lot more logical than fiat/alfa as well(although it didn't actually work when we got the car!). The thing does appear flimsy - thin metal and plastic front wings etc but the paint seems to have worn very well. We took it to Scotland recently - 700 miles with no bother and really comfortable.

I think its distinctive and could live with one - if it had about 50bhp more!:lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
I have a C4 SX 1.6 diesel that is used as a company run about. We have had it now for 3 years, it replaced an old ZX 1.9D. The C4 is a good car, although we don't do any big miles in it but it is very reliable and only costs servicing. It is nice to drive, but if it were my primary car it would have more ooompf!

I read with interest the various comments about the style and interior. Listen, its a Citroen, if you want something that conforms to the 'norm' buy a Ford or a Vauxhall. Like Alfa, Citroen are not afraid to put a bit of imagination into their designs.

One final note, on reliability, people often draw air through their teeth when Citroen is mentioned, people who know JS about the cars! I have had continual ownership of Citroens now for about 18 years, about 12 cars in total. Some have done nearly 200K. I have never ever ever had a major breakdown or failure with a Citroen

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I do like the look of them. My wife looked at getting one, until i managed to cut myself on the door trim in the show room.

Dont think I could ever sink as low as a Citroen.

Ashamed to admit it but the C6 does give me a lob on....

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Some of citroens previous recalls are a bit scary,, the Xsara, the first batch that had the ability to disable the passenger airbag (so you can stick a child seat in the front) didnt actually disarm the airbag.

I know most manufacturers have some shocking recalls, but not normally (these days at least) danger of death

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
The 2 Mk 1 C5's that were owned by the company I work for were always breaking down, and bits were forever going wrong...

Now they have 2 Alfa 159's, and so far they have been trouble free. :)

S

·
0 Posts
I have a C4 SX 1.6 diesel that is used as a company run about. We have had it now for 3 years, it replaced an old ZX 1.9D. The C4 is a good car, although we don't do any big miles in it but it is very reliable and only costs servicing. It is nice to drive, but if it were my primary car it would have more ooompf!

I read with interest the various comments about the style and interior. Listen, its a Citroen, if you want something that conforms to the 'norm' buy a Ford or a Vauxhall. Like Alfa, Citroen are not afraid to put a bit of imagination into their designs.

One final note, on reliability, people often draw air through their teeth when Citroen is mentioned, people who know JS about the cars! I have had continual ownership of Citroens now for about 18 years, about 12 cars in total. Some have done nearly 200K. I have never ever ever had a major breakdown or failure with a Citroen
I concour, I had 3 Citroens, which started with an old ZX 1.9D (slow as heck!). None of them ever gave any trouble whatsoever, were comfortable and a bit different from the Ford/Vauxhall offerings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts