Alfa Romeo Forum banner

FWD + French - MalcQV is gonna love this one.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Interesting and an important car for sure. It has certainly had enough drive on appearances in countless WWII movies to claim film star fame. I'm not sure it's actually cool.

Worthy but they always seem to have an air of smug self-satisfaction. Uncool for me.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Beautiful cars - saw one nr York recently - nice to see a runner :). Gets a cool from me (only if I can sit in it, wearing a trenchcoat and endlessly smoking Gitanes ;)).

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Being clever and influential didn't make Bill Gates cool. For coolness purposes this is just a vintage car - you have to go everywhere slowly, and only if it's not raining, and you can't go far because you'll put too many miles on the car or wear it out and be unable to get parts, etc etc. These things aren't cool.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Does traction avant translate literally as 'pull at the front'?

A bit like 'w*nk'?
:cheese: more like forward drive?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
In this case that makes it interesting rather than cool I think.
Correct. In its time, its advances may have made it cool, but now they're just interesting facts. Yes it looks OK, but its biggest defining feature is now its sheer age. And the more historical significance a car has once it's old and rare, the less cool it becomes in my books because it gets too 'classic car show' and risks invoking the unobtainable / undriveable museum piece rule.

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Now that you're all arguing about exactly what the name means, it has become really desperately uncool.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tricky one,

This car is an important historical element, for sure. It was definitely an innovation when it came out in 1934.

It’s absolutely not bad looking, either. Am sure it would be great fun taking it for a spin.

But would I really feel cool driving it ? … Nnnno !

Maybe the Cool Wall itsn’t all that fair to a car this old. Have to abstain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts