·
0 Posts
I think it tries to trickle charge
the dead battery.

Could take a long time.

You couldn't actually "jump" start the
car as the current draw would be
too much for the lighter cabling and fuse

Stick to jumper cables is my 2p's worth.

;)

A

·
0 Posts
Some cars with boot mounted batteries have a terminal under the bonnet where you can attach the postive jump lead, neg connects directly to the engine.(Bmw's I think).It wouldn't be too difficult to rig up on a GTV in the boot or under the bonnet, but surely not worth it. Why do you need jump leads regularly?.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not yet needed jump leads (touches wood), but i have not needed the fire blanket i have in my kitchen (touches wood, again) but i still have one.

Just in case.

N

·
0 Posts
The only time I've used jumps is
for other people's cars.

I've stop carrying them 'cause
it's always me who gets
the phone call to drive out and
do the good deed. :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I've managed to drain the battery on my GTV twice as my after market stereo has press off once to mute and keep pressing for off... Suffice to say there's been a couple of times where the radio has been playing on mute all weekend meaning the car won't start Monday morning.

As I reverse in to the drive, getting a jump from another car means pushing the car out of the drive, which has a upwards slight gradient ... Hard work on a Monday morning even for two people.

Even so I've gone for jump leads as a trickle charge means I wouldn't get to work in time. I've used my mates charge pack before but it just didn't have enough power to turn over a v6 (although you might find there are some more heavy duty ones out there).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts