Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have this solar trickle charger and want to use it connected to my cig lighter socket, but both (dash and boot) sockets are only live when the ignition is on. does anyone know a way to change this (easily)?

if not I'll have to run crock clips through the dash to the battery, which is gonna be a pain.

cheers.

M

·
0 Posts
forget crock clips...

Stereo has a switched and constant live, wire a spare cig socket from constant to glove box for specific use of the trickle charger :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
runied his battery! blimey, thats exactly the kind of thing I bought this thing to avoid! I use my car infrequently, and its getting harder and harder to start. unfortunatly I dont have the luxury of a driveway or garage either. humm

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would have thought a battery would last for weeks before going flat, I use mine mostly at weekends so goes days without being started and it copes ok (exept the back brakes rust to the disk!) , I replaced the battery as the old one was having a job starting the car after a few days and the new battery is fine.... it maybe worth you getting a higher capacity battery or maybe a top quality one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts