Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how to remove the fag lighter on my 164TS. Fuse is ok but no 12V at lighter. Surrounding cover can be loosened but not removed and I don't really want to force it.
Cheers;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
the is a connector underneath the lighter which is a total pain to get at, I ended up destroying my lighter to get at it, you are supposed to be able to twist the top off and it should come undone but they get stuck and very hard to turn without breaking them. You can get some access by removing side panel (carpetted bit) on passenger side but you need small hands and patience of a saint. Good luck

·
Registered
325 Posts
the is a connector underneath the lighter which is a total pain to get at, I ended up destroying my lighter to get at it, you are supposed to be able to twist the top off and it should come undone but they get stuck and very hard to turn without breaking them. You can get some access by removing side panel (carpetted bit) on passenger side but you need small hands and patience of a saint. Good luck
Mike's right - I had the same problem and in the end I broke the cigarette lighter housing, so I cut it out and wired in a double ciggie lighter socket that I got off ebay for about a fiver - it is a right pain in the ar*s. Can also try taking off the gear stick gaiter to get access from the front.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Got it sorted by just being able to connect the wiring from under the lighter which had obviously been disconnected at some time during radio fitting.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts