Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched my policy to Churchill on their price guarantee, it amazed me hoe much these companies make out of insurance.

I'm 27 in a 147 JTD, 9 years no claims, 3 speeding points, girlie-o as named driver, got on the interenet for a quote: £619!!!!

So I rang them up to see if I can bring it down, instantly down to £529

Asked them if they can beat my renewal quote from Privilege and it came straight down to £302, also their recovery on like-for-like comparison was £20 cheaper than the RAC.

So Churchill would be making over £300 clean profit and were willing to drop it with one phonecall. Just have to send proof of the renewal price and details. Challange Churchill, it's worth the phonecall.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup I had a similar experience with another well known insurance Company that's especially well known to AOers :rolleyes: :p

Got an online quote for the Leon from them and another company... the other's beat them by £120 so gave them a call and hey presto their price dropped by £150 :eek:

I more than halved the quote for the Brera by making a call to the cheapest quote provider on Confused.com and that included breakdown cover too should I have required it !! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts