Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been perusing the 105 web site for spares and noticed that they sell chrome wing mirrors at a very sensible price. They look great and would seem to be the same base plate as my s4 electric powered mirrors in body colour. Is it possible to have the chrome mirrors with the electric adjustment retained please?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Not that I know of unless you go to alternative non-alfa sites.
I replaced the ones on my S3 with new chrome ones.
Although I have the switch and wiring for electric adjustment I could not find any to suit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As swq4 says, as long as there is no paint damage when you remove the original electric s4 mirrors then the old style chrome mirrors cover the holes in the door, but they are old school manual adjustment.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
why remove the s4 mirrors? they are actually a decent design and fit the s4 v. well.
The aftermarket chrome vitaloni mirrors are also not near the quality of the originals, and can vibrate annoyingly and flop around, depending....

I wonder even, do the screws for the retro chrome mirrors even fit in the same holes of the electric, or does one have to drill new.....

·
Registered
436 Posts
why remove the s4 mirrors? they are actually a decent design and fit the s4 v. well.
The aftermarket chrome vitaloni mirrors are also not near the quality of the originals, and can vibrate annoyingly and flop around, depending....

I wonder even, do the screws for the retro chrome mirrors even fit in the same holes of the electric, or does one have to drill new.....
I agree that the original mirrors suit the car well. As far as I know the holes are in the same place as I've seen an S4 with chrome mirrors fitted.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can't keep the electric adjustment I will keep the original mirrors that are on it. They are good order and work well. Chrome look better though I think.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was the retro effect which I liked. Stick a dateless plate on it and the chrome wipers add a set of period rims and it begins to appear more retro whilst retaining the useful fuel injection and the contactless ignition. Best of both worlds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts