Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Want to get a chrome tip to put on the exhaust of my 159 1.8, I had one on my 147 and thought it would fit on the 159. Looks awful bare....any help folks??

Thanks,
Pete.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Ge the official Alfa one, nothing else fits properly and if you put coppaslip on the screws, it will readily come off and polish up for resale.

Its quite expensive though.

U

·
0 Posts
Absolutely agree with CJR - I am assuming the Alfa version fits both the diesels and the 1.8?

Anything other than the manufacturers version looks wrong.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm debating getting the dealer to fit one to my 159 which I'm counting down the days to collect, mmm, quite expensive though. would make it look 'finished' wouldn't it.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I have the oficial (Linea Alfa) tip on my JTDm. Looks very good imo! Costs around 70€ tho...

U

·
0 Posts
New Fraser - for any new spec car other than Turismo, the chrome tailpipe should be standard according the price list. Fitted to Turismo Sport and above.

However, if it isn't there, insist that they fit one, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi UKMIKE - I suspect I'll be calling the dealer later this week, hope the wife doesn't read any of these sites!:tut:
Cheers, NF

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
BTW, the one from the Linea is different from the one from the TI's. It's oval.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Throttle....do you have any pictures of it on your 159?

Pete.
I do, Pete, but not on this computer. I'll check it as I get home.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Finally got the time and found one shot (not perfect tho)...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
I got the Alfa one from mangos - it was about £67 I think, but after trying loads of cheaper alternatives, it is definitely the right way to go: it is quite short, has a cut out at the top to accommodate the bend upwards, it has two meaty sized grubscrews that screw in from the bottom and the right (looking from the rear) and it fits the hole just about right

·
Registered
260 Posts
New Fraser - for any new spec car other than Turismo, the chrome tailpipe should be standard according the price list. Fitted to Turismo Sport and above.

However, if it isn't there, insist that they fit one, you won't regret it.
According to the September brochure, the chrome tip exhaust is only fitted on Turismo Sport and TI. No mention of it on any other trim.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I have a 2nd hand genuine alfa tail pipe tip section, i bought it on ebay for my spider as she lost her exhaust tip, got it and it appears to be the same as the oval one for the 159, it was way too big for my spider so i never bothered fitting,

It has Alfa engraved on the bottom, two screw holes with one screw missing, but i guess you would simply weld it, It is Oval and chrome and its dimensions are

looking at tip face on! ( ie: Exhaust exit)
10cm across and 8 cm down

The length of the tip piece is 16.5 cm.
If you want i will take a pic just pm me, i paid £20

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
According to the September brochure, the chrome tip exhaust is only fitted on Turismo Sport and TI. No mention of it on any other trim.
You are partly correct - in fact when I read the November Price List again they ONLY list it on the Turismo Sport and no mention on the Ti, which tells me that its wrong and specs from Turismo Sport upwards should have the chrome tip

:confused:

If you're buying a new one take a look round the back and let us know please.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You are partly correct - in fact when I read the November Price List again they ONLY list it on the Turismo Sport and no mention on the Ti, which tells me that its wrong and specs from Turismo Sport upwards should have the chrome tip

:confused:

If you're buying a new one take a look round the back and let us know please.
Getting a new 1.9JTDM Lusso in January. Will def take pics and let you all know...

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts