Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
That'll be good, enjoyed the RAC even though it was in the dark!
Not been able to get to any rallying/motorsport for a few years due to work but things have changed, so I'm going to try and make the most of it! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'll be there unless major falling of the horrible white stuff, haven't been for the last two years but usually a good event, the Jack Frost a couple of weeks later always seems a bit flat by comparison.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There are lots of Alfa's rallied in historic road rallying, 105 Giulia's and 101 Giuletta's are very popular - espeacially on the bigger events like Rally of the Tests that favour pre-62 cars. The top 4 of the last RoTT's were all Alfa Romeos and I did it in a 1750 GTV

There are a few modern 145/146's doing modern road rallies too - not huge amounts, but a few.

Don't know the Alfa crew at Croft - but they're members of my normal drivers club, I'll find out more. I'm amazed he hasn't mentioned something as he knows I have a Sprint GT

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know what you mean (although I do occasionally go out speccying on night road rallies if I'm not competing).

Historic road rallying is quite different if you've never been to spectate - they often have special tests on private land as well as daylight regularity, navigation sections.

berwick classic rally 2008 - YouTube

Beaumont & Fish 2 - YouTube

This is me in with my usual driver - the tests are good to watch. The Croft in a few weeks is especially good as all the tests are at the same venue.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Depending on weather etc I usually go to the Christmas stages and the Jack Frost, I was also thinking of taking in the historics this year too. However, I can only keep sense of humour for so long about getting bogged in the car park. Again! Good luck for Croft.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts