Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sure that many of you have seen the thread started by my fellow (and decidedly more attractive) rep. about a Christmas meet. No? - so look here:-

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-anglia/137137-x-mas-grub.html

The date is not in dispute it WILL be 7 December.

What we need is a venue somewhere near the centre of our region - so we are looking at the Cambs/Suffolk/Norfolk borders - sorry you N Essexers - you will just have to travel. I am asking you - the members - for suggestions for a venue - COME ON this is your chance to bring an event to somewhere convenient to you - take it.

I do need a reply by 30 October as we need to book - so post now. I will then post up an event thread with the usual RSVPs.

I do have a default venue which favours those in Norfolk - it is a truly great place and they did us really proud last week. I am more than happy to go back there but they will certainly want confirmation asap. Whatever we decide The Crown in Sheringham WILL became a regular meet for us - apart from anything else it is in my favourite part of Norfolk and a great pub - what more could you want?

However I do know that some of you feel left out a bit as you are a long way from Norfolk - now's your chance - REPLY.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Paul, don't know if it affects too many potential attendees, but that day is of course the World Championship of East Anglian Football at Carrow Road - lunchtime kickoff and it is on Sky.
That rules me out, sorry.:(

Mike.

p.s. if you do default to The Crown, whilst I won't be there, I will be more than happy to liaise with Geoff and Bob ahead of time to make sure you have a great day.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Me me me!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Well as I have said in the other thread, I'm happy with the arrangement at the crown. The date is good and I'll be there!
Doesn't look like there are any other suggestions!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
One question though, parking! Doubt we would all be able to park in a line like last time cus will be there longer and it will be busier due to Xmas?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I have a feeling there may be a rather large, and silver Audi taking up most of the space!
Other than that I can't see it being a problem. We can pretty much fill that road and the little car park too.

Most people will stay away from the coast around xmas anyway!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
God dam you Phil editing your post after I saw it! I will park in the corner a Lissa can park her shed next to mine. I dont want any dings in my door:cry:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm calling time on this.

Mike - can you liaise with Geoff and Bob please if they can confirm then I'll post up an RSVP thread shortly.
No problem, Paul.
I know it will be OK, but I shall do the polite thing and TELL them.:lol:
I had assumed you were thinking a lunchtime, but reading through the posts at least one person (Jim - best girl's car in EA:lol: - remember?) seems to be thinking evening...?
Either way - it will be sorted:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I might come up, unsure at mo! but probably wont bring the spider,anyway!

Oh, soddit! i'll be there with my bella!:)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Jim - best girl's car in EA:lol: - remember? Either way - it will be sorted:thumbs:

Dont know why I presumed it would be in the evening :confused: daytime would be better :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well that's what I had always assumed - it was Jim's post that made me have second thoughts (you know Jim - he won the best car award - remember).
I will see Bob and Geoff tomorrow evening - it'll be fine either way.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I thought lunch time too :)
Well that's what I had always assumed - it was Jim's post that made me have second thoughts (you know Jim - he won the best car award - remember).
I will see Bob and Geoff tomorrow evening - it'll be fine either way.
Dont know what you two are on about? I though lunchtime too :rolleyes: Read my previous posts -1-

Mike, people wont remember me so will just remind them I was the shy one:D:lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dont know what you two are on about? I though lunchtime too Read my previous posts

Yeah, pity you can't edit a post on here without it showing, isn't it?

Mike, people wont remember me so will just remind them I was the shy one

Well, I certainly can't remember you Jim. I only remember the guy with the shiny black car that won the champagne, now he really was.....:wow:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.