Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here like his songs, or run for the hills job? I know that John Peel refused to play one of his songs - which I kinda get, it was a bit slush and wonky - but for you? Yes or no?

·
Administrator
87,076 Posts
I don't think I know any of his songs apart from Wicked Game which I find haunting but I really like it :cool:(y)

PS a cover of it was used in the Alfa Giulia & Stelvio ice advert.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Alfa ad is shexy... so suggestive.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I quite like this. It’s a bit gloomy but okay :) i like the sorrow in the lyric ‘I only wish I could make you cry... like I do’

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Each Easter, I take a little trip back to a place I used to live, and I walk around it; isolated and locked out of it. Don’t stress, I know it sounds odd.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I think the whole world would be nicer if we sang to this song from Squeeze each Thursday :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve seen one sketch where he is with his band, talking to the audience. He’s talking about precious things and why their watches are mementos to them. So he asks his band members to share what’s on the back of their watches.

band member A flips his over to read the inscription on the back: ‘to a great son. Love you so much. Happy 18th’

band member B does the same: ‘congratulations on your marriage. Here’s to many happy years together’

Chris then flips his over to read the sentiment on the back. Speaking softly, he states: ‘says here... made by Casio’

it’s an old, old joke, but it makes me laugh 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts