Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Huhne (Energy secretary) has resigned after the CPS decided there was enough evidence to charge him with attempting to pervert the course of justice. His ex-wife is being charge with complicity in the offence.

If he did it he's a huge hypocrite, didn't like him before this but when I heard he was being charged I have to admit to jumping out of my seat and punching the air with delight. :eek: :lol:

Chris Huhne resigns over criminal charge in speeding case | Politics | The Guardian

K

·
0 Posts
I bet the ex-wife hates him even more now. Hoist with her own petard as they say.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
So basically she is a wally as now she is in trouble too. Ah backfired or what :lol:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think a reconsiliation (sp?) is on the cards :lol: They could both end up in prison, probably not the wife though if she pleads guilty probably get a slap across the wrists. Mr Huhne could easily get 6 months :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Another trial, conviction and sentence by the news media.I don't like that. Guilty or not he should be entitled to a fair trial.
Having said that he's virtually admitting his guilt by resigning. If he's innocent he should be screaming it from the roof tops :rolleyes:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Another trial, conviction and sentence by the news media.I don't like that. Guilty or not he should be entitled to a fair trial.
Having said that he's virtually admitting his guilt by resigning. If he's innocent he should be screaming it from the roof tops :rolleyes:
Totally agree, we hardly need a court nowadays as the media seems to be doing it for them

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
He's a politician....

A millionaire who became an MEP... then fought for leadership of the Liberals...

he lost that battle twice....
[irony] He's clearly a selfless individual who has no desire for power.. and is only
looking to help the downtrodden. [/irony]

Thank gawd the PM and his deputy told him what to do... otherwise he'd probably
have turned everything green overnight :lol:

Of course the country will now struggle without him in such a vital post :rolleyes:

It's difficult to believe he's innocent when the CPS have spent so long investigating
his situation.... but who am I to pass judgement on a politician.

But at least it will be 12 good men and true who will decide his fate

·
Registered
948 Posts
Will this be an end to the windmill tomfoolery this bloke has indulged in?

He is/was my local MP, we don't have much luck around here, a few years ago the MP was found dead in ladies keks with an orange in his mouth!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
He's not guilty - he hasn't been tried yet. I can't imagine they would be going ahead without bloody good evidence though.

He had to resign as there is no way a serving cabinet minister can be taken at all seriously whilst being tried for a crime.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
He's not guilty - he hasn't been tried yet. I can't imagine they would be going ahead without bloody good evidence though.

He had to resign as there is no way a serving cabinet minister can be taken at all seriously whilst being tried for a crime.
Given the his profile & the profile of the case, there's no way the Criminals Protection Service would even attempt a prosecution if the case wasn't already rock solid.

Anyway, as a scum sucking politician, he's bound to be guilty of this, or something worse:lol:

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It is a central pillar of our society. If this gets screwed up by the media I will be really p****d off. You can just about hear already the positioning that a fair trial is impossible due to the adverse media coverage.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Someone also needs to ask some serious questions of Essex police. 8 months to get just this far? What the .... are they doing?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts