Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get new discs and pads all round on my gt jtdm but not sure what to go for does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Recently a shop on ebay were doing mintex discs and pads at a cheaper rate than eurocarparts and mintex are pretty good.If your after drilled and grooved discs i dont know who is best nor if they are any better for normal use..

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I use Black Diamond grooved discs and DS Performance pads on the front with Brembo plain discs and Ferodo Premier pads on the rear. Hoses are braided. Don't forget to change the fluid if it's more than 3 years old.

With grooved discs you do get noise when braking fairly hard - it gets louder the harder you push!

·
Registered
212 Posts
just be careful regarding "race pads" they dont work unless they are hot and therefore useless for on road use. pick a quality brand and you should be ok. all pads should be "E" marked that are sold in europe. apec are useually good

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ferodo DS2500 are some of the best pads around. They work well from cold due to high coeff of friction and low noise/wear. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Use with std or drilled/grooved discs. Black diamonds are good brand as are Tarox. Just my opinion :)

I had a set on my 147 that lasted 70K!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts