Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently own a peugeot 406 coupe 3letre v6 and love the way it looks and drives but cant run it anymore so im looking into getting a GT jtd with a budget of arround 7k, i have found 2 one red one matalic grey but looks black to me.i only do arround 5k a year but need jtd as im only 24 so insurance needs

one is 2004 with 89k with full alfa history and had the cambelt service done last year at 84k they want 6k for it

the other is a 2006 with 116k with full history and help the cambelt done at 72k again with full alfa history.

what should i look for other then history and cambelt?suspension maybe at that millage and age? are the jtd engine good if they mostly do motorway mile ie last over 150k if looked after?was there a improvement from 2004 to 2006 models engine wise ie less faults? and am i right in thinking any lasso have the leather seats and different alloys aswell as the later blackline?are they going to be out of my price range?

sorry for all the questions i hope to become a alfa owener within the next month so this no dout will become a 2nd home

·
Registered
224 Posts
The engines will last well past 150k if looked after.
The 2006 one will need a cambelt change, although the intervals are 72k most recommend 60k so budget that in.
Are they roughly the same price? I would imagine the 2004 is around the right price where as the 2006 will be less than book due to the cambelt change and mileage.
Personally I would go for the one that has been looked after the most and the only way you will be able to tell is going to have a look at both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the red 2004 seems to be looked after and is a private seller rather then trade which the 2006 one is! i imagine i could get the 2004 for arround 5.5k so also its older i could keep the cash aside to maybe put in some leather seats ect! what i am worried about is after that time 6years whats the turbo ect going to be like at 89k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts