Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered this lot, I'm quite liking them.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
good find, Bazza! Funk-tastic! :cool:

(I can identify with that dancing, too! :))

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funky is precisely the word, isn't it?

In fact, having done a little digging, they agree. Their mascot is Frank the Funkasaurus Rex.

This video, if you can look past the rather large boobage quotient (but it's ironic!) is hilarious:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
ah, that's either the unofficial official vid, or the official unofficial video. Either way, it's knowingly ironic, and all the more fun for featuring the Rex :)

Are they a new or establish group, Bazza? (i'm out of loop on this stuff)

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New to me, but the first song I linked is off something like their 5th album. You can't possibly be as out of the loop as I am!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
You can't possibly be as out of the loop as I am!
Wanna bet? :lol:

Until I saw her on TV, when I read about Beyonce in the papers, I thought she was Boyzone but just spelt wrong.

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, that's quite bad. But I'm not sure it's so much out of the loop, as simply loopy. :p

I would have no idea what Lady Gaga looks like. Couldn't pick her out of a lineup, unless she was dressed in beef of course.

G

·
0 Posts
Happened to see that "El Camino" got rave reviews in the latest "Kerrang!" (which I was given as an Xmas present). Checked them out and quite like them in a White Stripes kind of way.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Are they a new or establish group, Bazza? (i'm out of loop on this stuff)

Spooky stuff indeed this thread. Its like when you never notice a certain brand or model of car until you get one yourself and then you see them everywhere :eek:

I first heard them on Zane Lowe last year. Can't remember when, just the name stands out. Possibly September/October time.

Left work this evening and was station hopping whilst I let the car tick over for a couple of minutes and Scott Mills was discussing them. Get home, log on to AO and Bazza has created a thread about them. :eek:

I would imagine they've probably been around since 2004, given the time it usually takes to break into the music scene but yes, I do like there style of music, a lot :thumbs:

Nice thread Bazza :)

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Left work this evening and was station hopping whilst I let the car tick over for a couple of minutes and Scott Mills was discussing them. Get home, log on to AO and Bazza has created a thread about them. :eek:
Yeah, ignore all that stuff I wrote above about not knowing anything, I've the John Peel of the new generation.

I'm just glad that their amusing videos (there are several other good ones on their official youtube channel) made me give them a bit of time, because I'm quite enjoying them. Bought the Brothers and El Camino CDs last week.

·
Administrator
45,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm... should I delete that post to retain my new-found music critic status? :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts