Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air con has started to make a chirping noise when on auto. Started about a month ago. If I turn off the a/c it stops. Usually I just turn up the stereo, but have been driving my mother around a lot this week and she doesn't appreciate AC/DC at full tilt so it has been annoying me more.
Does it sound like it just needs the a/c recharging or is their possibly some debris in the pipes. Or something else. I have had a search on here but still not sure.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Chirping? Sure you haven't got a young bird stuck in their somewhere? Perhaps living of the insects sucked in? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Seriously though, if it is still blowing cold in the present temperatures then it is unlikely to be in a desperate need of recharging. Could be dead leaves stuck somewhere but where will be the nightmare.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was told by an aircon guy that the G's aircon system is sealed, so as long as its cold its fine... note all aircon can struggle at time if the outside temp is very warm, in such cases its best to re-circulate the air from the cabin until the internal temp has settled to a comfortable temp before switching back to auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts