Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not exactly 155 techroom but anybody know any manufacturers that specifically do performance chips for fiat barchettas? my g/f says hers is too slow and shes fed up with eating my dust.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe you can try Squadra. I've run through the website, but I don't see one for the Barchetta, but maybe you can e-mail them to ask. They have chips mostly for Alfa Romeo and some FIAT and Lancia models. I like the way they show the standard and chipped graph and chart that shows the power and torque increase for every 500rpm.

http://www.squadra-tuning.com/

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
Don't Angel Tuning do something for the Barchetta? I seem to remember than Nige had one himself...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that's a maybe then. Serve her right for having an import. Thought maybe a punto or tipo might have the same engine?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEANB said:
So that's a maybe then. Serve her right for having an import. Thought maybe a punto or tipo might have the same engine?
If I'm not mistaken, the Barchetta is using a similar 1.8 engine with the Punto HGT. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Send her on one of those driving tuition courses held at a racetrack or airfield instead. It'll be worth more to her lap times than a chip and it's portable to her next car.

Might save her parking the Barc' in a ditch too. :eek:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Don't mess around, just drop in a couple of C&B cams and then get it chipped to the cams. :D
She'll not eat your dust then :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
The b has the Hitachi ECU which is extremely difficult to split and chips within it cannot be written to. Even if you put C&B into her, you wont get the full benefit without altering the map.
I gave up trying to find a way of upping my power via the ECU. You may be able to piggyback something, but I dont like that route myself.

The engine was originally from the '94 Fiat Coupe and barchetta, I may be wrong on this but I dont think the 1.8 Coupe came to the UK. Which came first is debatable, I think the Coupe did! It was then used to good affect in the Punto HGT from '99 onwards.

I think the best and cheapest method is to install controllable NOS - i.e. not the big bang, bottle in a minute installation, one that is controlled by yourself so you can add as little or much as you want, and it will work in control with the car. This is theory though, not something I have tried as I have kept the b standard except the wheels, the exhaust, the hood, the induction side, the brak.........

There is a guy we use called Peter Betts who runs Thor Racing in Warwickshire, who is one of the best guys I have met in the industry.
www.thor-racing.co.uk he installs these and can also scratch build you an ECU too, if you really want to go that route..

Hope that helps a bit
Nige

1 - 9 of 9 Posts