Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, anyone used one of these before?

Voltage Performance Chip Module
Voltage Performance Chip Module

Sounds too good to be true but was wondering if anyone had tried it and found it to be effective/waste of time etc?

Or does anyone have some positive experience using a 'proper' chip set for the V6?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
so having a good earth increses performance by 7% and better fuel economy ???

hhmmm

nice claims have no idea how true

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
so having a good earth increses performance by 7% and better fuel economy ???

hhmmm

nice claims have no idea how true
mate be honest dont bother .. if u had a little chav mobile then i wud say what u got to lose .. lol but u got a gtv so have more respect for her :lol:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
What an absolute scam... appears to be a few capacitors in a box. :lol:

My advice would be to avoid anything that is not specifically created for the particular engine that you have. I know there are chips available for the Phase-1 Twinspark (which has a removable chip in the engine ECU). I suspect there won't be an easy option for the V6, especially if it is a later one with the sealed ECU on the back of the intake air chamber. "Gus at Alfatune" sounds like your best option!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
how much for alfa tune then ?? get ya car chipped ?? thing is its all gd and well but if it cost me 300 quid or so get my car chipped ive still got get my car there which will cost me loads money as i live in suffolk and gus is in liverpool or something so which will cost me a couple tanks of fuel so u might as well put another 150 quid on top of the bill lol ...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Save your money i think, just booked mine in for next Wednesday with Gus at Alfatune to work his magic - can't wait !!!!
be very interested how u get on mate !!! as this is what ill be doing this summer as just got buy my gta clutch and fly wheel and im there already got my inlet cams my complete exhaust from front to back and the cda kit too which will as whole package with inletcams and fly wheel etc and remapped together will be very interesting :):lol:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Will do Alan, still can't wait. Will be interesting to find out after what she's running at, got Alfaholics front pipes and sports cat fitted today coupled to ragazzon small centre and unsilenced quads, that and the Q2 with GTA clutch and lightweight flywheel should make for interesting BHP result. Anyone got any thoughts what might be achieved ?? I seem to remember yours Alan was rolling roaded recently what did you get from yours ??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Will do Alan, still can't wait. Will be interesting to find out after what she's running at, got Alfaholics front pipes and sports cat fitted today coupled to ragazzon small centre and unsilenced quads, that and the Q2 with GTA clutch and lightweight flywheel should make for interesting BHP result. Anyone got any thoughts what might be achieved ?? I seem to remember yours Alan was rolling roaded recently what did you get from yours ??
265 bhp mate ?? sounds gd to me i recklon :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This is was the post after the remap
I still need to add the equal front pipes etc to get it boosted still further.
There was amble power and torque increase visable on the Rolling road but its also about the drive after its been done - Feeling the power and the response through the gears.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/311642-round-2-gtv-cup-rolling-road-test-results.html

Alan

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This is was the post after the remap
I still need to add the equal front pipes etc to get it boosted still further.
There was amble power and torque increase visable on the Rolling road but its also about the drive after its been done - Feeling the power and the response through the gears.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/311642-round-2-gtv-cup-rolling-road-test-results.html

Alan
so to chip the v6 how much round about we talking about ?? ;)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Gus quoted me £360 for remap this coming Wednesday, recons it takes about 2 and a half hours to do. Got to say driving home this tea time the un-resticted front pipes and sports cat have already made a difference !! in a good way of course lol. I was thinking might be about 250 bhp max after remap but any other ponys are more than welcome to join in.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Well today was the day, and at around ten this morning i arrived at Alfatune and met Gus. After a bit of a chat i left Gus to work his magic. A coupe of hours later got a call to say the car was ready. Obviously its early days but straight away the car is quicker lower down the rev range and smooth when you keep your foot down. Before the car was quick upto four and a half revs then it picked its feet up and off we went, now it happens alot lower down the revs and keeps goin very smooth. So far very impressed with Gus's work and looking forward to some more " testing "

Simon.

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
If anyone else fancies a remap I have just broken up my '99 3 litre GTV which was remapped by Alfatune. Willing to sell the ECU complete with immo box and a FULL set of 4 keys inc brown master & all the locks so it can all be fitted at home, great little bonus if you only have one or two keys for your car too.

Also had equal length front pipes on it and it went like a rocket! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
mate change subject alot but dam i want the unicorse everytime u pop up on here i think god man i want i want lol.... to be honest mate i would get my car remapped to my mods ;)

·
Vendor
45,807 Posts
mate change subject alot but dam i want the unicorse everytime u pop up on here i think god man i want i want lol.... to be honest mate i would get my car remapped to my mods ;)
:lol:

As for the ecu you will need something specific to work with your cams, otherwise I'd have PM'd you about this one before now :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts