Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth getting a chip for my 155 ?
will there be a big notice to performance and will my engine last with one put in cheers ?
oh yeah alternator belt blew up on me car tonight going down the m62
!!!! :eek: myself though it was timing belt at first ! :cheese:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have an Autodelta chip in my 155, and although I wasn't impressed :( at the start I am now convinced :D that it makes a difference which is noticeable. The problem at the start was that I didn't give the ECU time to adjust itself to the new chip something I did when changing the intake pipe aswell :rolleyes: .
If you want to use normal unleaded then use the Autodelta Chip but if you are going to use Super Unleaded then the Squadra claims to make more power although I'm not sure if Autodelta measure their chip with normal or super unleaded. :rolleyes:
And if you decide to Chip your 155 try these Links
155 Technical articles
Chip Theory
Chip Practicle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate ill look into this more as iam a little bored with the speed of her at the mo !! .............Faster Faster Faster ! :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
penfold said:
Is it worth getting a chip for my 155 ?
will there be a big notice to performance and will my engine last with one put in cheers ?
Yer engine should last :D :D i didnt fit my Squadra chip til i`d hit 150,000 miles ;) and its still going strong :D

J

·
0 Posts
I didn't notice a huge WOW factor with my squadra.. however i did feel it made the car drive a lot smoother, it pulls better at the high end and pulls stronger 70mph upwards.

Must have done sommit :D

j

·
Registered
564 Posts
jason77 said:
I didn't notice a huge WOW factor with my squadra.. however i did feel it made the car drive a lot smoother, it pulls better at the high end and pulls stronger 70mph upwards.

Must have done sommit :D

j
So if Squadra claim the pipe I fitted helps airflow will you be fitting one Jason????? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
The pipe in question is Part number 60617628 priced at £2.20+VAT and it replaces the large resonator box on the front of the airbox. :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts