Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They can ban our bars, they can close our restaurants, but they will never take our Alfas.
Im going to take mine out tomorrow its the only bit of fun outside the house I can have.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
the roads are lovely and quiet at the minute -- what a good idea to revisit some of the great country roads !!

+1 sir :)

·
Registered
12,993 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing a load of posts from chaps who have been self isolating in their garages as they work on their old Guiliettas and Gtas. etc.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Been washing the Giulietta, wasn't really dirty but I've had enough of tidying cupboards, sorting out my stock of Alfa parts and cleaning the bathroom. I decided to check on my emergency kit, not the one for the car, the one for me. Contents are:- spare contact lenses, Eau Sauvage deodorant and EDT, mouthwash, toothbrush, tissues and only needing spare underpants to complete the list but seeing that I've been socially distanced for 6 years why am I bothering?
However the jewel in the crown is the packet of 7 paracetamol tablets. I'm rich!

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
Eau Sauvage? Oh matron
The alcohol content of the EDT means it could be used when the hand cleanser runs out.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
As used by Steve McQueen.
To show how altruistic I am I've given a 100 ml. bottle of hand-sanitiser to my ex-wife! I only had two, and they were purchased ages ago (the hand-sanitisers that is).

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Be sure to maintain a distance when buying your coffee.
Here’s a place in Germany.
That's just what they have done in Boots in Bognor...but with red tape stripes leading up to the counters...not boxes. And, even though they are still fully staffed, (no one off ill yet)….they are only allowing a maximum of 20 people in the shop at once to reduce infection risk and its quite a big branch....a security guard enforcing "one in, one out" on the door. Seems a little excessive to me but its their choice.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Non existent yesterday...I don't need it but I looks like I might have to donate two or three sheets to the mother in law soon!! That said one of my customers said that today Morrisons looked pretty much fully stocked on every thing this morning...loo rolls and paracetamols included....maybe the deliveries are finally catching up with the hoarders!.....prob all gone by now though!

·
Registered
37,511 Posts
I just hope that if we go into lockdown we can still use the car... I would hate it if they pulled people over to check if they were making essential journeys (Going to work if a key worker etc)

As long as I can get a tank of fuel from the non-manned fuel station, I could drive to the coast, park up near Chesil beach do a spot of fishing and then come home afterwards. I wouldn't need to be near another person at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts