Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a couple of child seats in their guilietta?
Awaiting delivery of my Veloce just after Chrimbo and just found out we are expecting another young addition to the Alfa club.....

Just wondering how space is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats for the expected young alfisti :)

I've got three little clubbers here: 5yrs, 3yrs and 0,5yrs. We have following setup: on the front seat recaro youngsport facing forward, in the back maxicosi cabriofix behind the driver, wife in the middle and another recaro youngsport facing forward. These are not isofix. I don't like the idea of bulky isofix bases. I think these "universal fix" seats are much easier to throw out for more room if necessary.

When i bought the car one salesman stated that the G backseat is more spacious than in 159sportswagon.
Haven't heard any complaints from the backseat so far...

·
Registered
26 Posts
A Britax isofix car seat for our 3 year old and a booster seat for our 5 year old; both in the back.

The isofix base is only required for the new born rear facing so the seat doesn't take any more room up but in my opinion is more secure and easier to fit than faffing about threading a seatbelt through.

To me it doesn't look like masses of space left between them and wouldnt like to try and fit an adult in the gap.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have had a right issue with my booster seats as they had arm rest fitted to the side and they are around 30-40mm wider that ones without. This made it impossible to buckle the boys up in the back. Luckily my dad had a set of none arm rest seats in his Leon so we did a swap, but it still awakward to get the buckles in and we have to pull the seat (with the child in them) towards you so you can get enough space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Thanks to all..... I feel a bit happier that a couple of kids in the back shouldn't be a major issue.
I did have the chance to change my car order but I just couldn't bring myself to order a mondeo or a passat!!!!

I think I'll be investing in the alfa roof bars and a decent looking roof box for any big journeys - job done.
C'mon alfa get my guilietta built!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts