Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we already have two child car seats in the back of our giulietta but we have another baby on the way. Sense is telling us that we really should trade it in for something boring like a people carrier but I wanted to see if any of you could save us. The boot space is excellent so not bothered about that and would consider the Alfa roof bars and roof box for long journeys but my question is:

Can you fit 3 child car seats in the rear? 2 x group 2/3 seats and one isofix group 1 seat. I know there is only 2 isofix anchorages so we would need to change the current seats we have.

The manual says that the middle of the rear seat is "not certified" for a child car seat so that has got me a bit spooked.

Thanks

·
Administrator
45,540 Posts
Either of your current children big enough to just go on a booster seat? If so, that would take up laods less space, and increase your chances.

·
Registered
102 Posts
you can barely fit 3 boosters in the rear (I've done it once or twice), so I doubt you'd be able to fit 3 real seats at all.

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
As we have a family car the isofix seats have rarely been in the Giulietta but I have never managed to fix them to the loops.If we did this regularly I imagine we would install the plastic isofix guides.Not as good as the A3 but progress from 147 which predates the system.As for 3 seats across;our family Multipla does this but with no isofix on the centre seat.You say that you have a Dodge Journey ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
MaxiCosi FamilyFix base fits perfectly to the isofix clips in my G. Had mine and the sister's in the back last weekend but there wasn't much room in the middle. As there are isofix hoops on the front seat though, you could always put the mrs in the middle in the back. Not sure how she'd get out though...

·
Registered
377 Posts
No, you can't. There is not enough room. The only way is to use the front seat and the misses in the middle in the back. Not very comfy if she is C section.

Sorry, looks like you need something a bit bigger in afraid.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Bit late now, but most of my mates with more than two children have discos or xc90s. Those that don't have mum in the back and the oldest up front.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I don't know about cooler. I'm not going to listen to someone with a mini in their avatar for advice on coolness. ;) landcruiser's about all I could afford though. That or a cx familiale like my dad's back in the eighties. They're probably expensive classics now!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hiya,
I manage a Smyths Toys and we sell nursery equipment including carseats... I obviously have a G also.
I will try a few combinations of seats in my car and report back.
So 2 x group 2/3 and 1 group 0 to start and then group 1. That'll see you for a few years I would have thought.

D

·
Registered
34,429 Posts
First thing to do is unzip the isofix slots in the backrest . I've never got this far , just take the other car or use the seat non-isofix.Neater on the Audi A3 and the backrest seems quite upright.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a maxi cosi family fix in my G.

The ISOFIX is a little harder than VAG group as they are hidden. The trick is that they are higher than you think.

I also have a black towel with holes in it that the head rest and the ISOFIX go through to protect my seat from general baby fluids.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All, wife and I had our first child in May and we have had a 159 since then, now looking at a Giulietta and was wondering if a Maxi Cosi family fix ISOFIX base plus Pebble would fit in the back ok without having to move the passenger seat too far forward to fit ok?
The 159 was ok but we had to push the passenger seat quite far forward to fit the Pebble in.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have exactly that combination.

Passenger seat looks like this. That's as far back as it will go as I hate the passenger being in front of me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346693857.868312.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thankyou very much for the picture, doesnt look too bad but I am with you with the passenger seat being pushed in front of the drivers! Looks about the same as the 159 believe it or not.
We pick our Giulietta up on Friday, Veloce with nice leather/microfibre combo.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is what i have also.

So you should get what is in the picture.

Incidentally, We had to put the baby behind my wife as my driving position was compromised with her behind me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts