Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to say it's not my first choice to have a dirty hulking car seat trashing my nice leather seats but hey it gives my daughter the opportunity to sample a proper car rather than the mobility scooter (Suzuki Alto) she normally gets carted round in.

The question is what fits in a 156 GTA and what works well?

Any ideas?

C

·
0 Posts
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

A "Daddy" thread by Thompatruck!!!

That's just wierd!

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
What age is she mate?

Ours' is 9 months old now and since birth she has been in one of these, which belts in to the GTA. She will probably be in it until she's about 2:

Pebble baby car seat - Maxi-Cosi

We also bought the FamilyFix base which installed in my Mrs's Golf (which has Isofix), so the seat doesn't need belting in then it just clicks ontop of the base unit. It also clips onto our pram base so if we're off somewhere just for a bit rather than all day we don't bother taking the pram top, just the chassis & the car seat.

In terms of safety etc, this time last year this seat was head & shoulders above the competition.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Once out of baby buckets (9mths +) our two have travelled in these: Recaro Start car seat : no complaints, easy to swap in & out, held by the belt, multi adjustable, last up to age 12. Our oldest one is therefore 14 years old & still going strong!

G

·
0 Posts
Once out of baby buckets (9mths +) our two have travelled in these: Recaro Start car seat : no complaints, easy to swap in & out, held by the belt, multi adjustable, last up to age 12. Our oldest one is therefore 14 years old & still going strong!
Also had one of these ran its course then passed it on to my mate still good mine was the first version which is now 10 years old . Had removable covers too so easy to stick in the washing machine!
As pud said the others are good due to the multi use aspect this recaro is very much just a car seat :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pud, Molly's now a year old and has outgrown her baby seat, looking at the next stage now :)

Heard good things about the Tobi, looking at the Recaro it appears to be too big (i.e. 3yrs +) ? but I was thinking about getting a stage 1-2-3 seat so again up to 12years old...christ I sound like I know what i'm talking about here..... I don't ;)

Bit like this oneBritax Evolva 123

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the 156, once James was over 3, we went for a Jane Momo Car Seat, Group 2-3 in Red which went fine on the red leather Momo interior! It now sits on the black leather of the 147. Seems to be a good seat that changes in both height and width but not what you need at the moment! We had a group 1 seat before that from Mamas & Papas and a more budget group 1-3 which fits in the Cappuccino.

·
Registered
516 Posts
looking at the Recaro it appears to be too big (i.e. 3yrs +) ? but I was thinking about getting a stage 1-2-3 seat so again up to 12years old...christ I sound like I know what i'm talking about here..... I don't ;)
As Tony says, the closer model to ours these days is the sport Recaro Young Sport car seat - when I bought ours, there was only one to choose from...god I feel old, ta for that! :lol:

·
Registered
777 Posts
+1 for the Recaro Young Sport.
More seat padding than similarly priced offerings from Maxi Cosi and it has a five-point harness. It's easy to fit & remove and it looks good too.
My daughter is 18 months old and seems very happy riding around in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts