Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh why when I cook a chicken kiev does all the good stuff out the middle burst out the side :confused: I do it on the correct temperature and for the right amount of time but still I go into the kitchen, look in the oven and its all come out and is now burnt to the oven tray :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Stick it on a sheet of tinfoil next time, and turn the edges up so that anything that comes out stays in the little foil tray you've built. Then when it's cooked you put the chicken on your plate and pour the rest over the top of it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thats genious :eek:

N

·
0 Posts
Take a piece of foil, fold in all the sides by about 1-2 inches.

Then fold the triangles of the new corners in the same amount.

Then open up the sides back up, scrunching the foil a bit where
needed and you have a little cooking-fat-tight roasting tray that
you can bin without having to wash up.

;)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
If they are fresh ones rather than frozen, take them out the fridge about 30mins before they go into the oven. Means the meat is at the same temp all the way through before it starts cooking, therefore after the specified amount of time in the oven at the correct temp, it'll be cooked through and not split open.:thumbs: The tin foil works a treat incase your oven thermo is slightly out

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
:rolleyes:

I bet JimBORED likes Findus crispy pancakes too :p

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
... I gave one a go a few years back and couldn't believe how vile it was :vomit:
Not sure if they changed the recipe' or if it's just because generally speaking pre-packed/takeaway food is not as tasty as it used to be.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Well there's no accounting for taste, with some :rolleyes:

:elaugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts