Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery this afternoon. She's a Twinair Cross in Tuscany Green with winter & comfort packs, reversing sensors and rear privacy glass.

Had sill kick plates, matts, boot liner & the Panda B pillar badges fitted by the dealer.

She replaces my beloved 500 Twinair Plus which is going to a good friend (the best pound for pound car I've ever owned - I'll really miss it)

Early impressions are very solid & grown up. Nice controls, great driving position and a good drive. Quieter than I was expecting too, especially given the reviews & the semi-serious rubber.

Bring on the snow!

Here are some pics:-

I'll keep you posted :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Recently put these on our choice list at work, had a black one delivered a few weeks back, really like them :thumbs:

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
:thumbs: enjoy

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Sweet.

Bring it down here and LET'S OFF ROAD!!!

There's some cracking mountain paths we could do in the summer.....

Definitely looks ANGRY! :mad:

;)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,660 Posts
Where's the anger? It looks like a kids tonka toy

·
Registered
17,157 Posts
I loved the old Panda, especially the 100hp. Rather like that too. It's a bit like a ****-take of unecessarily massive 4x4s.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We had an original 1985 Panda 4x4 with the pre-FIRE pushrod engine.

How things have changed:D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Family members have one in opposition to their other 4x4. She has the Panda the same as yours Sqn. while he has his Audi?

They really need them primarily because they live out in the sticks with the skinny'est of lanes to negotiate? :):

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm really pleased.

Used for work yesterday. Was icy, heated screen took care of that & the bum warmers sorted me:D

My good lady had her first look at Chichi this morning.

Not sure / keen as I expected. Functional according to her.

Pointed out that there was more leg room in the back of the 500 (which I sold to a friend this morning) with the driver's seat set for me which was both true & surprising:eek:

Liked the access though, the bigger boot, general oddment space, driving position, quality & the fact it's quirky:thumbs:

I cleaned all the glass then put rain repellent on the side windows, rear screen & lights.

Out in it tonight. May take it to a Piston Heads meet tomorrow:lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Horrid looking thing you should have waited for the 500X :p ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, almost two weeks in and nothing but positives to say about how the car looks & drives.

Sadly, no snow but plenty of sub zero temperatures. Major plus points are the heated front screen, super quick bum warmers (shame they don't do the lower back too), the hight upright driving position /ground clearance & the frankly superb feeling of solidity. It's quiet too, a lot quieter than the 500.

Ok, the plastics are hard but that's to be expected but the general ergonomics & in cabin stowage space is great.

Seat comfort is excellent (over short journeys to date) & leather in lays in the doors are tidy. The boot is fantastic. Perfect size & shape.

The Blue & me actually works, radio 2 sounds great & the Satnav integration via the 68r port is brill.

All the controls are excellent in terms of touch, weight & feel.

Minor downsides are the economy at only 35.3mpg over the first 178 miles (will get better as my 500 TA did), a more cramped than my 500 footwell when wearing my size 10 Magnum work boots & the positioning of the heated seat switches.

Rear legroom is tight too, tighter than the 500 when the front seat is in my position but access is great.

Overal, a brilliant daily driver that I'm happy to drive anywhere & park anywhere.

Now, where's the bloody snow!?!?!?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts