Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well people she's gone. Too many stupid and avoidable faults since the new engine and a need to retain some value in the fastest depreciating car I have ever owned. Shame as it was beautiful and on the right road it was very enjoyable.

I don't appreciate a car that refuses to start and then when either the dealer arrives to sort it or the AA to tow it to the dealer it then decides to start. Its something in the starter motor area. Its no fun worrying if you will complete any journey you undertake. :mad: :mad: :mad:

During my latest period of Alfa ownership ( I have had five new Alfas over the last 30 years) I have enjoyed the support and advice from the members of this forum. Especially during the darkest days of the engine saga. Thank you one and all. :D :D :D

The next one is to be German. Yes I know shock and horror. :eek: :eek: :eek: but the dealer offered me loads more than my normal Alfa dealer who has done all the work on the car. It would seem that he doesn't want to touch it with a barge pole. Can't blame him really but his mechanics may well be the cause of the problem. I don't care anymore.

I shall still be keeping a watchful eye on this forum and may all your cambelts stay intact.

Once again many thanks and Ciao.

Nick

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good luck Nick - thats a real shame your final experience with Alfa wasn't a good one. Maybe one day you'll get the itch again......

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems, Nick :(

Still don't let lack of Alfa ownership prevent you from sticking around Alfaowner.com :D

(after all, if it's good enough for the mods.... ;) )

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
A shame but enjoy your new car :)

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I know a guy who had an alfa, then went german, then back to the alfa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im thinking you should get another alfa, or maybe a german everyday car, maybe a seccond hand 320d or something then a GTV cup for sundays and saturdays, maybe the odd monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday......youll be back

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your good wishes gents.

Shame is I have a £100 voucher from Alfa GB as a token of their sorrow over the new engine fiasco. (they couldn't find one for quite a long time). The voucher is redeemable against goods/services. I'm going to send it back and ask for a donation to my charity. The haemorpillia society. I wonder if they will honour it.

Bets anyone?

If I ever return it will be with a 105/115 series car for pure weekend pleasure. I still have the factory manuals I persuaded D J Demardes (Cyprus) to let me have in 1971 -- happy days.

Cheers Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts