Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I still have a paper licence. It's in my old name, my parents' address, is in three bits and is covered in lipstick due to a handbag mishap:eek:

Keep meaning to change it, but as you say they have to be renewed and paid for, naturally, every 10 years now:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
As far as I'm aware if you get stopped by the police and have a paper licence you will also get a fine :(

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
I still have a paper licence. It's in my old name, my parents' address, is in three bits and is covered in lipstick due to a handbag mishap:eek:

Keep meaning to change it, but as you say they have to be renewed and paid for, naturally, every 10 years now:rolleyes:
Mines neatly folded in its protective sheath :D

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
As far as I'm aware if you get stopped by the police and have a paper licence you will also get a fine :(
I've just had a look at the DVLA site and I can't see anything about that. I certainly haven't heard anything in the news.

I'm hanging on to my paper licence as long as I can. The Government rip me off for enough as it is.

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
I've just had a look at the DVLA site and I can't see anything about that. I certainly haven't heard anything in the news.

I'm hanging on to my paper licence as long as I can. The Government rip me off for enough as it is.
+1 :thumbs:

Is Joss on comission for license renewals :confused: :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts

Motoring
Change of name and address on your driving licence

You must tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) immediately of any changes to your name, address or both. You can update your driving licence online or send it to DVLA for amendment. A new licence will be issued free of charge unless your photograph’s due for renewal.

:tut:

:lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Mines neatly folded in its protective sheath :D
Tmi and slightly off topic:eek:
Motoring
Change of name and address on your driving licence

You must tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) immediately of any changes to your name, address or both. You can update your driving licence online or send it to DVLA for amendment. A new licence will be issued free of charge unless your photograph’s due for renewal.

:tut:

:lol:
I know, but honestly the PALAVER:rolleyes: I have to get my passport changed first to prove my name change (which costs the same price as a new one, but won't be valid for as long as a new one:mad:) - unless of course I want to send the original copy of my marriage certificate in the post to the DVLA, and they will strive to send it back but can't guarantee it. What could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts

I know, but honestly the PALAVER:rolleyes: I have to get my passport changed first to prove my name change (which costs the same price as a new one, but won't be valid for as long as a new one:mad:) - unless of course I want to send the original copy of my marriage certificate in the post to the DVLA, and they will strive to send it back but can't guarantee it. What could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

You were impressed with the folded bit eh :D

oh... and PALAVER :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
44,881 Posts

I thought it was an offence not to inform DVLA of a change of details :confused: I could be wrong.... it has been known :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I thought it was an offence not to inform DVLA of a change of details :confused: I could be wrong.... it has been known :eek: :lol:
It probably is, but they don't exactly make it easy. Or cheap:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts