Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick heads up to say check your tyre pressures - did mine in the freezing cold this morning and what a difference....were readign low 30's so took them up to 40....massive improvement in handling and bizzarley seemed to improve the absorption of bumps.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i check 'em every week.

159 Ti 19s should be 41psi front, 38psi rear.

:)

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Yes also makes a big difference to fuel consumption. The wife's LE's were a whole bar below correct pressure and the car was returning 20mpg!!! I have just replaced tyres and put fronts up to 2.8 bar - fuel consumption already up 5 miles later!

·
Registered
518 Posts
A month after I took delivery of my 159 2.2JTS I checked my tyre pressures and found them to be at 27psi all round(so much for dealer pdi) which explained the poorer than expected fuel consumption I had been experiencing. My 159 runs on 225/50/R17's which should have been at 36psi all round (2.5bar), after adjusting pressures to the correct level my fuel consumption improved dramatically and now I get an average of 27mpg which is more than acceptable in a 185bhp Sports Saloon.
Tip: Always check tyre pressures when the tyres are cold, if driving to a service station to do this remember the run should be no more than 3 miles otherwise the temperature rise will affect the readings

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
what should the 18inch horseshoes be in psi??
The data I have for 18" on a Brera is:
Front 2.7Bar (39psi), Rear 2.5Bar (36psi)

or for full load:
Front 2.8Bar (41psi), Rear 2.6Bar (38psi).

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The data I have for 18" on a Brera is:
Front 2.7Bar (39psi), Rear 2.5Bar (36psi)

or for full load:
Front 2.8Bar (41psi), Rear 2.6Bar (38psi).
Well that is my 18" all wrong. I have the back the same as he front.

Do you have data for 19" too please as about to change?

Someone should compile a list and make it a sticky...

U

·
0 Posts
Well that is my 18" all wrong. I have the back the same as he front.

Do you have data for 19" too please as about to change?

Someone should compile a list and make it a sticky...
Alfa Romeo did one and put it in your Drivers Manual! :lol: (page 260 in my 159 MY2008 manual)

On the 159 19" wheels should be >>>

2.7 bar front 2.5 bar rear under average loads and
3.0 bar front 2.8 bar rear fully loaded

The spacesaver just for reference should be at 4.2 bar if anyone has ever looked?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Alfa Romeo did one and put it in your Drivers Manual! :lol: (page 260 in my 159 MY2008 manual)

On the 159 19" wheels should be >>>

2.7 bar front 2.5 bar rear under average loads and
3.0 bar front 2.8 bar rear fully loaded

The spacesaver just for reference should be at 4.2 bar if anyone has ever looked?
Manual? One of the many things I didn't get with my used car....

Thank you.

U

·
0 Posts

Thank you.
Thats a shame - I read mine every night to help me sleep.

Brera Manual Page 293 - "Do not park near schools or shopping centres, to avoid young women swooning on your bonnet and damaging the paintwork" :)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Dont inflate them when its freezing outside - as soon as the tyres rolling and you start braking the pressure will shoot up!

Generally inflate the tyres cold at a temperature between 10 and 20 degrees.

Also....most guages arent as accurate to last 2 or 3 psi, so dont bust your *** trying to get it spot on.

·
Registered
578 Posts

Thank you.
Are you sure it's not in the strange place Alfa chose to store it, fastened to the side of the boot :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
This thread prompted me to check my tyre pressures yesterday which should read 36psi all round (225/50/R17), in fact they were all 32psi, a full 12.5% below the recommended pressure. The 159 :cool:felt better to drive as soon as I pulled out of the filling station, economy and performance should now also be improved. I had not chcked presures for about 3 months :tut: its probably should be a monthly check at minimum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts