Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will change check straps on GT.
But the problem Is I Can only find new straps From 147( in my country ).
So I wonder, Is the GT and 147 use the same straps?

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I don't think so, the 3-door / GT check strap is different but to be honest I've never tried to fit a 5-door part to a 3-door car (y)

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can order some from fleabay, or shop4parts (they have a discount code for AO members). And yes, 3-door 147 straps will fit, if you can find a breaker around.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does not match.
At least not the one I bought. It's a little longer, and I can't close the door.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
It does not match.
At least not the one I bought. It's a little longer, and I can't close the door.
Can you post a picture of the one you bought? (y)

Do you mean the door doesn't fully close or does the door not move at all with the new check strap fitted?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I need to push very very hard to close the Door. Problem Is in this hole. Everything else Is the same but this hole have diferent location compared to the original.
Anyway I just fixed old strap.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I know it's a bit late to say this now but the genuine Alfa ones make it an easier job all round (y). At least you have a temp fix in the meantime.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fixed with the help of this tool.
I just tight very hard this Part marked on picture.
. Now works like new. And I think this will Last very long.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Makes sense as the clacking noise is supposed to be the gap due to wear on that bolt 'vibrating' as the ridges click on the other end. Basically, you close up the rivet in your vice?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a quick look today and I reckon I could get a chain link tool in there if only I knew where mine is. I think it's at my old house so I'll grab it next time I'm down there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts