Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
originally, my car did'nt have a check panel! it only had the clock and door warning L.E.Ds! but it has the extra conections for the rest of the warning L.E.Ds so san very kindly gave me his spear and helped me fit it in at ERAD! (thanx san! ;) ) once we fitting it all in! we found the car needed oil! but because there went any on alfa day! san bought me back to his place and gave me some of his oil (once again thanx san! ;) :D :D ) the red light is still on the check panal and on the cocpit for about 15sec, which has'nt happend before! could this have anything to do with my wirering?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:p Fear not......oil is not required,bet it's fine if checked on the dipstick.
:) The sensor connection at the engine will not be there on a car not originally fitted with the check panel,this causes the fault light to falsely illuminate. :rolleyes:
:eek: Even though it looks pretty all lit up and you've plugged the check panel in at the dash you will probably get no extra functions,blown bulb indicators etc as the sensy bits at the various wires extremities probably ain't there..........Is it a 1.8?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmmm......i did disconnect the brake light bulb and nothing lit up on the check panel!! i know there plenty of oil in it cause i filled it up but the car does'nt seem to think so!
and yes flo! it is a 1.8!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D I'm ALWAYS right you see :lol: :p

........."I say Gerald,that Flo chap is terribly modest,don't you think" ;)
...."Yeeees Neville,probably one of the quiet types" :lol: :p

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Andy is that you in your cat suit???? :D

san

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes sanny m8! its me! after a couple of pints! :D :D and a couple of currys before hand! i've been told its my better side!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
andy,
i've very much wanted to fit in those check panels. how difficult was it? besides the oil thingy, what about other problems, if any?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: check panel question!

I asked my mechanic (Will at W.A.D) a while ago, and he said not to bother - even after the hassle of fitting all the sensors etc... the panel will spend more time give you false alarms than it will doing proper stuff... so mine's still just telling the time and telling me when doors are open just fine!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Andy155 said:
san very kindly gave me his spear and helped me fit it in at ERAD! (thanx san! ;) )
.. san bought me back to his place and gave me some of his oil (once again thanx san! ;)

Umm, is it just me or does Mr San seem to have gone past the call of duty :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bob0962 said:
andy,
i've very much wanted to fit in those check panels. how difficult was it? besides the oil thingy, what about other problems, if any?
as long as you got the two extra wirering looms apart from the clock and door warning light. its pretty strait forward but! i unpluged my bulb from the break light and and front light but there was nothing one the panel, i've been told by alot of 155ers who have it that thay always give false information! :(

chris! what are you getting at! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Chris said:
Umm, is it just me or does Mr San seem to have gone past the call of duty :eek:

Only Oil!!! Coffee was never mentioned :eek:

san

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
MT said:
You heard about those 'other' favours too then Chris...
Yeah, I can`t beleive that Andy fell for the "faulty oil level indicator- I`ve got some oil back at my place" trick. :lol:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek: San tried to lure me back to his place after ERAD to look at his exhaust pipe :eek: :eek: :eek: It's so obvious but I nearly fell for it :D :p

wrinx

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ye GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was only trying to HELP!!!!! :eek:

san

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Judging by Speedy's experiences it's prolly best Wrinx didn't end up at your place San, not if you wanted anything to work the next day.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
MT said:
Judging by Speedy's experiences it's prolly best Wrinx didn't end up at your place San, not if you wanted anything to work the next day.
MT I think you're probably right

I shall be avoiding the Chesterfield area like the plague for the time being :D :D

and it seems to be working!

san

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ohhhhh, that sooo open for more misinterpretation :eek: :eek:

wrinx

(reply to MT's post)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts