Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had this combination or errors as I set off for the gym this morning. Sadly it was still reporting the same on the way home. DNA is also unavailable, but the car seems to be running okay.

Clearly I'll need to have a word with the dealer, but wondered if anyone had any ideas? Timing sucks, as I'm on-call this week and scheduling the car in for a repair is going to be problematic.

TIA.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine had this once but next morning it was fine.

Lots of previous threads on this, more often than not it clears itself and is not a massive issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's still there this morning, so I'll have to get it booked in. Doubt it's a battery issue unless I have a dodgy alternator as I do over a hundred miles each day (mostly motroway miles).

Annoying thing is that it's been accompanied by a substantial drop in power from the engine. :cry:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think mine was down to some dodgy fuel I used a fairly rural petrol station for a splash and dash rather than one in the city centre. It happened the day after that and has never returned since.

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well talk about bizarre. I had the issue for about a day and half.

Was on the way to Dundee for work so popped into the dealer in Perth and booked her in to be looked at, got back in the car, made a couple of phone calls and when I started her up the warnings had gone!

Drove about another 160 miles yesterday, stopping 4 or 5 times and the warnings stayed off! I think I'll wait until Thursday and if no further warnings then I'll cancel the garage visit.

I guess Italian women are more contrary than most! ;)

Thanks again to those who replied.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car did the same thing. Dealer diagnosed it as gear lever position sensor fault with the diagnostic unit. No damage to the car just means the start stop doesn't work and the DNA switch is locked to normal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My car did the same thing. Dealer diagnosed it as gear lever position sensor fault with the diagnostic unit. No damage to the car just means the start stop doesn't work and the DNA switch is locked to normal.
MrWizardUK, mine has developed the same issue. Did you get yours replaced? I have been quoted just under £150 to have a new one fitted but not sure whether I should bother.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MrWizardUK, mine has developed the same issue. Did you get yours replaced? I have been quoted just under £150 to have a new one fitted but not sure whether I should bother.
I had mine repaired under warranty. I would definitively get it fixed as I don't think the DNA switch works if you don't get it fixed.

R

·
0 Posts
I had a similar fault tonight. Turns out I lost stop start and DNA due to a faulty EGR position, got a check engine message. So cleared the DTC and went for a blast! The desired and actual egr positions tally up so well you have to wonder what caused the error?Not worth a trip to a dealer for what I had!!

R

·
0 Posts
I would post my results but they do not conform to uk motorway speed limits! I was on a private track and all seems well now!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My stop/start is also not working and the garage i bought it from is 150 miles away, DNA works fine, just get a message saying stop/start is unavailable.....strange. I'll check the oil.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
My stop/start is also not working and the garage i bought it from is 150 miles away, DNA works fine, just get a message saying stop/start is unavailable.....strange. I'll check the oil.
Battery condition usually causes this message. Go for a long run 200 miles plus and it may start working. Park the car for a couple of days and it will again be unavailable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We had the same issue a couple of days ago. Don't think it can be battery condition in our case, since a fair proportion of regular journeys are long distance. Warning light/messages went away the next day and the car seemed back to normal, but took it to the dealer to take a look since we had another long drive to do in it and wanted to be safe.

Dealer said it was caused by low oil and topped it up (2l, apparently, which seems more than a 'top up'?). Weird thing is, I'd thought to check the oil myself and could swear it was half way up the hatched area of the dipstick which I would have thought was bang on. Still, seems to be driving well enough now and - so far - no repeat of the "check engine - start/stop unavailable" messages.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts