Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had the check engine light appear on their Giulia Quadrifoglio?

Have had this twice over the weekend. Felt as though it was accompanied by a momentary loss of power and on one of the occasions it defaulted the car to Normal setting even though Dynamic was selected. Problem rectified itself with a switch on and off.

Plugging in my OBB reader shows a fault code U0100 "lost communication with ECM" I read that their was a similar issue and a software patch provided for 2.0 petrol cars but can't find anything related to the Quad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quick look at the campaign update posted by MacGeek looks like the problem will be solved soon enough.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,238 Posts
You refer to the issue on the 2.0 mentioned somewhere. Can you link to the source please? I have not had this on my 2.0. One software update has been performed (maybe 6101, not sure) and booked in for 6116 end of this week.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,238 Posts
had a different error code P0244 to do with Turbo range just once and it was reset by my OBD reader. Drive modes stopped working and no turbo, car was driveable but without full power. Garage installed "a" update, they could not tell it if was 6101 related though. Error has not returned since.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anybody had the check engine light appear on their Giulia Quadrifoglio?

Have had this twice over the weekend. Felt as though it was accompanied by a momentary loss of power and on one of the occasions it defaulted the car to Normal setting even though Dynamic was selected. Problem rectified itself with a switch on and off.

Plugging in my OBB reader shows a fault code U0100 "lost communication with ECM" I read that their was a similar issue and a software patch provided for 2.0 petrol cars but can't find anything related to the Quad.

Just had this same issue today with my QF (1400 miles). Locked into Normal mode and no start/stop. Everything else seemed as usual.

It didn't clear after the first re start but did after the second.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue apparently is related to a failure somewhere in the car's internal network whereby one or more of the various computer controlled modules loses contact with the master control unit. The campaign update therefore contains software updates for practically every module on the car.

Hopefully this will fix the issue.

·
Registered
121 Posts
OK.

You seem to have good information on the subject so hopefully the updates will sort the problem out. My car does seem to fall within the VIN nos of those Quads requiring the campaign updates mentioned on the other thread.

Just re reading your original post, you describe sensing a small loss of power so presumably your checklight came on while you were driving? Mine came on at start up. Same problem though, no question.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK.

You seem to have good information on the subject so hopefully the updates will sort the problem out. My car does seem to fall within the VIN nos of those Quads requiring the campaign updates mentioned on the other thread.

Just re reading your original post, you describe sensing a small loss of power so presumably your checklight came on while you were driving? Mine came on at start up. Same problem though, no question.

The fault code generated is a standard canbus communication one so I am absolutely certain that it's something known about and can be fixed by updating all the parts of the network so that they can better talk to each other.

First time it happened was after start up and second (when the car was stuck in N but showing D) I was well underway.

Second time coincided with an incoming phone call, first time with all the various start up checks. At the risk of self diagnosis I wonder if both things just triggered an overload of all the various parts of the network.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts